Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Best O2 Android Phones (UK)
O2 has undergone the largest array of changes in the UK carrier market and is set to be purchased by its rival Three. Although there may be big changes ahead, the company has built a reputation for itself with reward and loyalty schemes for its customers, ranging from free Wi-Fi hotspot access to priority tickets to events around the country.
Following our best phone reviews of EE, Vodafone and Three, it is time to take a look that the best O2 Android phones on the market right now.
#1 – Samsung Galaxy S6
The Galaxy S6 seems to have been coming down in price in the UK recently and O2 has one of the best deals going right now, with the 32GB model starting at just £33.50 per month with £0 down.
That will net you a cutting edge octa-core processor, 3GB of RAM, a 16 megapixel camera, and a cutting edge QHD AMOLED display. Certainly some of the best smartphone technology around right now.
O2 also all the Galaxy S6 Edge variants in stock too, but with a more expensive £46.00 with £0 down, reaching £64 per month with £19.99 up front for the 128GB model.
- 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with 1440×2560 resolution
- 2.1GHz Samsung Exynos 7420 SoC
- 3GB of RAM
- 32/64/128GB internal storage
- 16MP rear camera, 5MP front camera
- Non-removable 2,550mAh battery
- 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm, 138g
- Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum or White Pearl colours
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
#2 – LG G4
O2 also has the LG G4 stocked at an equally reasonable price as the S6. As an added bonus, the G4 is one of the few flagship smartphones to retain both a microSD card slot for additional storage space and a replaceable battery.
Packing LG’ latest top of the line curved QHD LCD display and cutting edge camera technology, which features a f/1.8 aperture and laser auto focus technology, the G4 is a flagship smartphone right at the top of the market.
The LG G4 is only stocked with 32GB of memory and will cost £33.50 per month with £0 up front.
- 5.5-inch LCD display with 1440×2560 resolution
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB internal storage with support for 128GB microSD card
- 16MP rear camera, 8MP front camera
- Removable 3,000mAh battery
- 149.1 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm, 154g
- Metallic Grey, Red Leather
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
#3 – Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Although more expensive than the S6, the Note 4 offers a little more screen real estate and S Pen features for those who use their smartphones as a productivity tool.
The Note 4 features compelling high-end specifications, including a 5.7-inch QHD AMOLED display, 3GB of RAM, a 16 megapixel camera and a microSD card slot. Certainly still a match for the selection of 2015 flagship smartphones.
O2 is offering the Note 4 for £42.50 per month with £0 up front, which comes with 32GB of internal memory.
- 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with 1440×2560 resolution
- 2.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB internal storage with 128GB microSD card support
- 16MP rear camera and 3.7MP front camera
- Removable 3,220mAh battery
- 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5 mm, 176g
- Black or White colours
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
#4 – Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
If all of these overly large smartphones aren’t quite your style, Sony’s Xperia Z3 Compact comes in a smaller form factor but won’t let you down when it comes in hardware specifications.
Although it comes with a slightly lower 720p resolution in the 4.6-inch display, the Z3 Compact retains a high-end Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 20.7 megapixel rear camera and an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance.
Price wise, the Z3 Compact comes in at a more modest £28.50 per month with £0 up front. Sony is also throwing its free Hi-Res audio package when you buy a new smartphone.
- 4.6-inch IPS LCD display with 720×1280 resolution
- 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage with 128GB microSD card support
- 20.7MP rear camera, 2.2MP front camera
- Non-removable 2,600mAh battery
- 127.3 x 64.9 x 8.6 mm, 129g
- Black, White or Orange
- Android 4.4 KitKat (Android 5.1 Lollipop update)
#5 – Samsung Galaxy A3
Rounding off our list of the best O2 Android phones is the more moderately priced Samsung Galaxy A3.
Unlike your typical mid-range smartphone, the Galaxy A3 features a stylish metal build, rather than a basic plastic case. The phone also sports a 4.5-inch display, Snapdragon 410 processor, 1.5GB of RAM and an 8MP rear camera. There’s also a microSD card slot if you want to expand on the 16GB of internal storage.
The Galaxy A3’s price tag begins at £20.50 per month with £0 up front, making it a more affordable option than the larger flagships in O2’s range.
- 4.5-inch Super AMLOED display with 540×960 resolution
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC
- 1.5GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage with up to 64GB via microSD
- 8MP rear camera, 5MP front camera
- Non-removable 1,900mAh battery
- 130.1 x 65.5 x 6.9 mm, 110g
- Black, White or Silver
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat, upgradable to Android 5.0.2