Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series now receiving August 2022 patch
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10 Plus. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- Will the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus get Android 13? Unlikely, but possible
Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus updates
August 3, 2022: The Galaxy Note 10 series is now receiving the August 2022 security patch, according to SamMobile. The outlet reports that the update bears firmware version number N97xFXXU8HVGA and has been pushed out to Note 10 series users in Switzerland. So it’ll likely be on the way to you in a few days if you’re not in this market.
To check if the update is available for your device head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus updates
- July 13, 2022: The Galaxy Note 10 series is now receiving the July 2022 Android security patch (via SamMobile). Landing with firmware version N97xU1UES7HVF4 for unlocked models and N97xUSQS5GVF4 for US carrier-locked devices.
- June 13, 2022: The Galaxy Note 10 series is now receiving the June 2022 Android security patch (via SamMobile). Landing with firmware version N970FXXS8HVE9, the update is live now in at least one European country (Switzerland). It will likely make its way to more countries within the next few days. The update log includes no mention of new features, so you should just expect security and privacy fixes.
- April 13, 2022: The Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10 Plus, and even the Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G are now seeing the April 2022 Android security patch (via Droid-Life). The update started rolling out in various countries earlier this month, but now it’s making its way to the Note 10 series globally.
- March 22, 2022: The Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10 Plus are now seeing a point upgrade for the One UI Android skin (via GSM Arena). Coming in as One UI 4.1, this update carries quite a few photography features we first saw in the Galaxy S22 series, so you don’t want to miss this one. As usual, the rollout will be staggered, so it might be a few days before you see it.
- February 3, 2022: The Galaxy Note 10 series is now seeing the February 2022 Android security patch. As spotted by Droid-Life, the update is rolling out to the Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10 Plus, and the latter’s 5G alternative starting with the Verizon variants in the United States. Aside from the security patch, it doesn’t look like any new features are onboard.
- December 30, 2021: The Galaxy Note 10 series is the latest Samsung family to gain the stable One UI 4 update. As spotted by SamMobile, the update is rolling out to the Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10 Plus, and the latter’s 5G alternative starting in Switzerland. The update includes the January 2022 security patch.
- December 7, 2021: Samsung rolled out the December 2021 security patch to the Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G, Note 10, and Note 10 Plus, starting in the Middle East and the US.
- October 6, 2021: The October update rolled out to the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. Firmware version N97xFXXS7FUI5 included a host of security fixes and the October 2021 Android security patch.