Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Save $200 on the GoPro Hero 10 Black, and more great camera deals
Smartphone shooters are continually hitting new heights, but sometimes you just can’t beat a proper camera. Handheld units haven’t changed as much as smartphones, but they’ve added new features like Wi-Fi and Full HD displays. Unfortunately, some of the latest technologies mean higher price tags. So we’ve gone ahead and put together a list of some of the best cheap camera deals available right now.
See also: The best cameras for beginners
As the post title suggests, you won’t find many high-end DSLRs that don’t run you thousands of dollars. This list is more for those of you looking for a first camera or an affordable upgrade. We’ve broken the deals down into each type of camera to make it easier for you to decide just what you need.
You’ll notice that a lot of the deals below are from B&H and Focus. That’s no coincidence since photography is their specialty. We’ve picked out a selection of their best deals, but there are dozens more to check out, with massive savings to be had. You can peruse both selections on the B&H or Focus websites.
Featured deal: Save $200 on the GoPro Hero 10 Black
When you want the best action camera on the market, there’s only one name that comes to mind. And while GoPros come with a premium price tag, this huge price drop offers you more than one-third off retail. The GoPro Hero 10 Black is currently just $349.98 ($200 off).
The GoPro Hero 10 Black is small and portable enough to be able to mount it anywhere, but still delivers 23MP images and 5.3K video at 60fps. It can also do 4K at 120fps, which is outstanding even in serious video cameras.
See also: The best cameras for every type of user
The whole housing is waterproof (up to 33ft) and built to handle plenty of torture. After all, it is an action camera meant to be used in extreme circumstances. This deal comes with a one-year GoPro subscription, which includes unlimited cloud backup, auto uploads, and a host of other nice benefits.
We don’t know how long this promotion will last, so check it out via the widget below. Or keep scrolling for more offers.
Best cheap camera deals:
All of these deals were live at the time of writing, but sites like Amazon change their offers often. We’ll do our best to update the deals as we find new savings and others expire.
See also: The best cameras for beginners
Compact camera deals
The best cheap camera deals are compact or point-and-shoot cameras, which are small and easy to operate. The lens is built into the camera, so you can essentially point and capture images with the push of a button. However, compact cameras are smaller than DSLRs and mirrorless cameras, and you might find that your image quality is limited depending on your setup.
- Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Digital Camera for $397.99 ($236 off)
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 with accessory bundle pack for $597.99 ($260 off)
- Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000M2 Camera with Lens and Accessory Kit for $897.99 ($334 off)
- Canon PowerShot G5 X for $699 ($100 off)
- Ricoh WG-70 Digital Camera for $246.95 ($30 off)
- GoPro Max for $419.95 ($59 off)
- Fujifilm Instax SQ1 for $99.95 ($50 off)
- Canon IVY Cliq Instant Camera Printer for $59.99 ($40 off)
See also: What is HDR in photography? Let us show you how it’s done
Cheap DSLR deals
DSLRs are what many people think of when they think of professional cameras. They feature interchangeable lenses and large sensors for better image quality than compact cameras. DSLRs also use a rotating mirror to preview and capture your image to the sensor.
- Canon EOS Rebel T7 and 18-55mm lens for $479.99 ($289 off)
- Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR and EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens Kit for $599 ($578 off)
- Pentax K-70 DSLR Body with Accessory Kit for $546.95 ($102 off)
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm lens for $799 ($100 off)
- Nikon D7500 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR Lenses Kit for $1,396.95 ($100 off)
See also: The best DSLRs you can buy right now
Mirrorless camera deals
Mirrorless cameras are similar to DSLRs in that they rely on interchangeable lenses for image quality. However, as the name suggests, they lack a mirror, so images are captured directly on the sensor. Mirrorless cameras are often smaller and lighter as well, which makes them easier to carry and use.
- Sony Alpha a6100 APS-C bundle for $1,098 ($160 off)
- Panasonic Lumix DC-G95 bundle for $999.99 ($680 off)
- Canon EOS M200 Camera with 15-45mm lens for $549 ($100 off)
- Fujifilm X-A7 with 15-45mm lens for $699 ($101 off)
- Sigma fp Mirrorless Camera for $1,499 ($400 off)
- Nikon Z 6 Mirrorless Digital Camera for $1,409.95 ($605 off)
See also: The best mirrorless cameras you can buy