Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to connect MyFitnessPal with your Pixel Watch
Add MyFitnessPal to your wrist for a reliable calorie tracker at arm’s length. The platform offers everything from weight management tools to a community of like-minded users. Find out how to connect MyFitnessPal to your Pixel Watch.
To connect MyFitnessPal to your Pixel Watch, download the MyFitnessPal app from the Google Play Store and log in, then link your MyFitnessPal account with your Fitbit account.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to add the MyFitnessPal app to your Pixel Watch
If you don’t have one already, you will need to create a MyFitnessPal account to use the platform. You will also need your paired phone on hand.
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Pixel Watch and search for MyFitnessPal.
- Tap the app once it is listed, then tap Install.
- Tap Open and you will be directed to log in to your MyFitnessPal account on your paired phone. Once you log in, follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process.
How to sync MyFitnessPal with Fitbit
Besides adding the MyFitnessPal app to your Pixel Watch, you’ll also want to sync the app with your workout data. On the Pixel Watch, workouts are recorded on the Fitbit platform.
- Open the MyFitnessPal app on the phone paired with your Pixel Watch and tap the More tab, then tap Apps & Devices.
- Tap Fitbit.
- Tap Connect.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process. You may be asked for your MyFitnessPal and Fitbit credentials. You will also need to grant a series of permissions for appropriate data sharing.
What can you do on MyFitnessPal from your Pixel Watch?
Review your daily stats on your Pixel Watch from the MyFitnessPal app. The app offers an at-a-glance view of your day’s intake summary, plus a breakdown of your nutrients. You can also add calories or water to your food diary right from your wrist.
Read more: Common Apple Watch problems and solutions
MyFitnessPal is free to download and use. However, a Premium account includes an ad-free experience with more tools for $19.99 per month or $79.99 per year.
If your watch hasn’t automatically synced data in a while, you can manually sync the Pixel Watch by opening the Fitbit app, dragging down on the screen until you see “Release to refresh” and then releasing your finger. The watch will then sync data.