It’s official: Amazon Prime Day 2020 is being held on October 13-14. While the timing a bit later in the year compared to previous Prime Day events, the retailer will likely sell a ton of its own hardware products during Prime Day. So what are the best Amazon devices to buy during the event?
Read more: Best Amazon Prime Day deals
Here a look at the best Amazon devices you can snap up during Prime Day 2020. These are terrific gifts to get for yourself, or for family and friends. You can also buy them and keep them safe for a couple of months until the big holiday gift-giving season arrives. Keep in mind these aren’t discounted prices yet, but we’ll add more details once Prime Day kicks off next week!
Before we get into the categories, there’s a great deal on the Amazon Echo Buds worth highlighting. If you like keeping all your tech in the Bezos ecosystem, you can save $50 on the Echo Buds right now. During Prime Day they’re down to $79.99 (38% off).
Amazon Smart Home devices
Amazon sells a number of smart home devices, including speakers, displays, and much more. Here’s a look at the devices on sale now during the Prime Day event.
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd gen) for $18.99 (Save $31)
- Certified refurbished Ring Alarm 5-piece kit for $99.99 (Save $60)
- Buy the Amazon Echo Auto for just $19.99 (Save $30)
- Get Amazon Echo Flex for just $9.99 (Save $15)
- Get Amazon Echo Studio for just $149.99 (Save $50)
- Get Amazon Echo Show 5 for just $44.99 (Save $45)
- Get the Amazon Echo Show 5 with Blink Mini Indoor Smart Security Camera for $49.99 (Save $75)
- Get the Amazon Echo Show 8 for $64.99 (Save $65)
Amazon Fire TV devices
If you want to get an Amazon Fire TV box, or a full Fire TV smart television, here’s a look at the devices on sale as part of Prime Day.
- Toshiba 32-inch Fire TV for $119.99 ($60 off)
- Insignia 32-inch Smart HD Fire TV for $109.99 ($60 off)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K for $24.99 ($24 off with promo code 4KFIRETV)
- Fire TV Cube for $79.99 ($40 off)
- Get Fire TV Recast 500GB for $129.99 (Save $100)
- Get Fire TV Recast 1TB for $179.99 (Save $100)
Fire tablets and Kindle eReaders
Amazon’s Fire line of tablets is extraordinarily popular. They are already very reasonably priced, but during Prime Day, you can get them for rock bottom prices. You can also get some deals on the company’s Kindle eReaders.
- Get the Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet for $79.99 (Save $70)
- Get the Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Edition for $129.99 (Save $70)
- Get the Amazon Fire HD 8 for $54.99 (Save $35)
- Get the Amazon Fire HD 8 Plus for $74.99 (Save $35)
- Get the Amazon HD 8 Kids Edition for $79.99 (Save $60)
- Get the Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition for $59.99 (Save $40)
- Kindle Paperwhite for $79.99 (Save $50)
- Kindle Paperwhite Essentials Bundle for $120 (Save $70)
- Kindle Oasis for $174.99 (Save $75)
- Kindle Kids Edition for $74.99 (Save $35)
- Get the Kindle Essentials Bundle with fabric cover and power adapter for $94.97 (Save $45)
- Kindle Paperwhite Essentials Bundle with leather cover and power adapter for $119.97 (Save $70)
- Pick up a refurbished Kindle for $49 (Save $30)
Amazon has also been getting more and more into smart security devices. Prime Day has deals on both Ring cameras and smart doorbells, along with Blink security cameras.
- Get Ring Video Doorbell for just $69.99 (Save $30)
- Get Ring Video Doorbell 3 for just $139.99 (Save $60)
- Get Ring Video Doorbell Pro for just $169.99 (Save $80)
- Ring Alarm 5-piece kit (2nd Gen) with Echo Dot for $119 (save $129)
- Get the Blink Mini for just $24.99 (Save $10)
While there are no special discounts this year for Amazon Prime subscriptions, you can still gift one to a friend for $39 for three month, or for $119 for 12 months:
Amazon is also offering some great deals for many of its subscription services.
- Save $50 on Audible Premium Plus
- Get four months of Prime Music Unlimited for just $0.99
- Get 12 months of Amazon Kids Plus for $19.99
- Save 50% on six months of Kindle Unlimited
- Buy $40 of Amazon gift cards, get $10 Amazon credit added to your account
In addition, Amazon Prime Video has tons of different discounts. Here are just a few of them:
In addition, there are a ton of movies you can rent from Amazon Prime Video for 48 hours right now for just $1.99 or even 99 cents. You’ll find plenty of movies beyond the ones mentioned above, with most going on sale for around $5-$6.
Finally, you can even try out a number of streaming services on Amazon Prime Video’s channels for just 99 cents per month for two months. They include movie services like Epix and Lifetime Movie Club, movie and TV streaming services like PBS Masterpiece and Sundance Now. and other services like Motortrend and A&E Crime Central. Check out all of those discounts at the link below:
That that will do it for our roundup of Amazon devices you might want to get during Prime Day 2020.