Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
It was a busy week in the Android world. We discussed Sundar Pichai’s AI/fire comparison, why Xiaomi needs to abide by the rules of Android, and we reviewed DJI’s Osmo Mobile 2. We also learned that the Galaxy S9 will be unveiled on February 25. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win an LG V30?
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Here’s what to expect at MWC 2018 MWC 2018 is just around the corner. Head to this article to see which devices might make their debut in Barcelona!
Pichai says AI is like fire, but will we get burnt? Google’s Sundar Pichai provocatively compared AI to fire, noting its potential to harm as well as help those who wield it and live with it, but what are the risks?
Xiaomi needs to adhere to the rules of Android Android is an open source operating system, which forces manufacturers to have certain legal responsibilities. Some companies, like Xiaomi, aren’t taking the rules seriously.
The cost of rising data consumption Date usage is up, carrier speeds are down, and your plans aren’t getting any cheaper. What gives, and what’s the future hold for rising data consumption?
10 best upcoming Android games Looking for a new game to play in 2018? We’ve compiled our list of upcoming games from different categories including adventure, action, and racing.
DJI Osmo Mobile 2 review: smooth, for the most part Can DJI’s second-generation smartphone gimbal best the original at less than half the price?
Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus shown off in leaked images This is our clearest look yet at Samsung’s upcoming flagship smartphones.
5 Android apps you shouldn’t miss this week – Android Apps Weekly The 227th Android Apps Weekly is out! This week we talk about a totally free and unlimited VPN, Google’s new rules for YouTube monetization, Yodo1’s new game, and more Android apps and games news!
Top tips to make learning Android development easier Learning to program is hard. Learning Android development is harder. But if you approach it in the right way, then you can save yourself a lot of time and drastically improve the chances of a positive outcome.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Qualcomm slapped with $1.23 billion EU fine over Apple exclusivity deals, announces appeal
- Google I/O dates discovered: runs from May 8 to May 10
- Google I/O 2018 registration begins February 22
- T-Mobile still has fastest 4G LTE speeds, while Verizon, AT&T slowly recover
- If HUAWEI and LG do not show off their flagships at MWC, blame the Galaxy S9
- Qualcomm’s China Technology Day is all about 5G
- ZTE confirms Axon 9 will be the Axon 7’s successor
- OK Google, read my book: audiobooks now available on the Play Store
- New January Android 8.1 images arrive for carrier-specific Pixel and Nexus devices
- More RED Hydrogen One specs and release date details revealed
- Former PlayStation, Xbox, and Atari exec Phil Harrison joins Google’s hardware team
- You’re playing with fire if you sideload Essential Phone updates with the included cable
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai says artificial intelligence is like fire
- Nintendo is killing off social app Miitomo this May
- First-ever Chrome OS tablet spotted at education technology show
From our network
- Jaybird Freedom 2 review [SoundGuys.com]
- Apple’s $349 HomePod smart speaker set for release this February [DGiT.com]
- DJI Mavic Air first impressions [DroneRush.com]
- Best Oculus Touch games [VRSource.com]