Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
New January Android 8.1 images arrive for carrier-specific Pixel and Nexus devices
- Google has posted three new factory images and OTAs for carrier-specific Nexus and Pixel devices.
- These new builds arrive three weeks after Google originally posted the January 2018 security patch.
- The updates are only available for the Verizon Pixel 2, Softbank Nexus 6P, and Telstra/Softbank Nexus 5X.
It’s been about three weeks since Google first posted the January 2018 security patch, and today we’re getting a few more builds for certain Pixel and Nexus devices on Verizon, Telstra, and Softbank.
Only a handful of devices are receiving new Android 8.1 Oreo builds today. The full list can be found below:
- Google Pixel 2 on Verizon: OPM2.171019.016 (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 6P on Softbank: OPM5.171019.014 (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 5X on Telstra or Softbank: OPM5.171019.014 (factory image, OTA)
Before you get to flashing, be sure to note that the new build for the Verizon Pixel 2 is not compatible with the Pixel 2 XL.
You can find all the factory images here and OTA files here. Need help flashing a factory image or OTA file on your device? We have a guide for that. If you don’t want to go through the trouble, these devices should receive their over-the-air updates in the following days.
So what’s new in these new updates? Aside from the security patches detailed in the Android and Pixel/Nexus Security Bulletins, we don’t really know right now. Considering the fact that this is a middle-of-the-month update, we’re assuming these new builds bring bug fixes, though we can’t be certain.