Android Authority is a community of technology enthusiasts. We’re brought together by our interest in all things tech, regardless of brand, platform, and price point. Our writers care deeply about the topics they cover, and so do our readers.
Because we’re all passionate, it’s easy for discussions around certain topics to become heated, but that’s not an excuse for discussions to degenerate.
Here are the general rules that cover commenting on Android Authority platforms, including on-site comment sections, YouTube, and various social media channels.
- Always be civil.
- Read the content before commenting.
- Post thoughtful comments that meaningfully contribute to the discussion.
- Give constructive criticism in response to posts and other comments.
- Ignore the trolls, they crave attention.
- Downvote low-quality comments. Flag spam and abusive comments.
- Attack commenters, Android Authority staff, or other individuals.
- Post off-topic comments.
- Post abusive, insulting, threatening, harassing, sexist, racist, misogynist, homophobic comments.
- Reveal personal information of any individuals.
- Spam, self-promote, impersonate.
- Post low-effort comments that don’t add anything to the discussion.
- Post porn, gore, or other NSFW content.
- Post or link to pirated content of any type.
- Post slanderous or defamatory comments.
- Comments are solely the opinions of the individuals leaving them. In no way does Android Authority endorse or condone them.
- Failure to comply with the guidelines above may result in your comments being deleted or moderated.
- Repeat and serious offenders will be banned.
- We reserve the right to delete or moderate comments at any time and at our sole discretion.
- This policy may be changed at any time and at our sole discretion.