Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
The best Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max cases you can buy
Our quick picks for the best iPhone 12 Pro Max cases:
- Thin case: Spigen Mag Armor — See it on Amazon
- Get protection and MagSafe compatibility with this excellent Spigen case.
- Clear case: Spigen Liquid Crystal — See it on Amazon
- A thin TPU case offers decent protection while letting you show off the phone's design.
- Hybrid/regular case: Spigen Nitro Force — See it on Amazon
- Excellent protection without the bulk is what you get with this case from Spigen.
- Wallet case: TUCCH wallet — See it on Amazon
- A stylish PU leather wallet case with four card slots and a cash pocket.
- Rugged case: UAG Monarch — See it on Amazon
- Get all-around protection for your iPhone 12 Pro Max with this feather-light UAG case.
Apple’s iPhone 12 Pro Max is among the largest iPhones ever, and it packs an impressive spec sheet. The all-glass build feels incredible in hand, but it’s easy to break if dropped. You might want to think about some extra protection to keep your new phone in pristine condition. Check out our picks of the best Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max cases available right now.
Editor’s note: We’ll update this list of the best iPhone 12 Pro Max cases as new options launch.
Best thin iPhone 12 Pro Max case: Spigen Mag Armor
- Thin and light
- Tactile button covers
- Anti-slip matte finish
- Lets you use Magsafe accessories
- It’s a little slippery at first
- Boring black color
One of the defining features of Apple’s iPhone 12 family is the return of MagSafe. Unfortunately, some thick cases tend to interfere with the magnetic features. That’s why you may want to consider Spigen’s Mag Armor — it features a built-in magnetic ring for wireless charging and other MagSafe accessories. You’ll still get Spigen’s classic matte black finish and Air Cushion Technology, so this case offers the best of both worlds.
Looking for more thin iPhone 12 Pro Max options? We also recommend:
Best iPhone 12 Pro Max clear case: Spigen Liquid Crystal
- Thin and light
- Precise cutouts
- Crystal clear
- Clear cases tend to yellow over time
- Difficult to keep clean
- Not the most protective
The iPhone 12 Pro Max comes in some of the best colors that Apple has ever come up with, especially the Pacific Blue finish. One of the best ways to show off your chosen color is with a clear case like the Liquid Crystal from Spigen. It’s a simple TPU bumper case, but it still packs some serious protection with raised lips on the camera and display. The flexible design is easy to apply and remove, and the case barely adds any bulk to your phone.
Looking for more clear iPhone 12 Pro Max options? We also recommend:
Best hybrid/regular iPhone 12 Pro Max case: Spigen Nitro Force
- Thin and light but protective
- Covered buttons are easy to press
- Anti-slip ridges on the sides
- A little difficult to remove
One more Spigen case to consider for your iPhone 12 Pro Max is the Nitro Force. It’s one of the company’s newer models, and it uses a hybrid design for maximum protection. Spigen added what it calls a SolidHold design to the side rails, so you shouldn’t have to worry about dropping it. The case comes with a transparent back panel, and it’s thin enough to work with wireless charging while adding just 0.1-inch to the overall width of the phone.
Looking for more hybrid or regular iPhone 12 Pro Max cases? We also recommend:
Best iPhone 12 Pro Max wallet case: TUCCH wallet
- Has a cash pocket
- Folio cover doubles as a kickstand
- Different color options
- Premium PU leather
- Magnetic closure might loosen over time
The Wallet Slayer (below) may be a new take on the wallet case, but TUCCH has a great option if you prefer a folding folio. The company’s wallet case offers four card slots as well as a cash pocket. You can choose from many different colors, and each one features the same PU leather construction. An internal TPU bumper keeps your phone in place, and RFID protection keeps would-be identity thieves at bay.
Looking for more iPhone 12 Pro Max wallet cases? We also recommend:
Best rugged iPhone 12 Pro Max case: UAG Monarch
- Great protection
- Mil-grade certified
- Allows wireless charging
- Might be too thick for some
The UAG Monarch is a tough yet stylish case that combines a thick bumper with a colorful back panel. You can also choose from a leather texture or a sleek carbon fiber version. UAG boasts that its case combines five different protective materials, though it’s still thin enough to support wireless charging. The internal honeycomb pattern helps to absorb the toughest of impacts, and the case is MIL-STD 810G certified in case you happen to drop it from a great height.
Looking for more iPhone 12 Pro Max rugged cases? We also recommend: