Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week
It was a very interesting week in the world of Android. OnePlus caused quite a stir when it announced it hired key Paranoid Android developers to help create Oxygen OS. A mystery NVIDIA device was teased for next month. The long awaited Xposed framework update for Lollipop finally landed. We heard several credible reports about the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Sony introduced its low-cost Xperia E4. Lollipop updates hit more devices. Xiaomi introduced itself to the US and said it would open an accessories store later this year. And we heard rumors about Google’s plans with Android One and a new payment service.
Inside AA HQ
A little PSA: by now I probably shouldn’t tell you that online security is important. This week Google launched a little promo where they give you 2GB of free Drive storage (you can’t ever have enough) for doing a little security checkup. Basically, take a look at all the security options that are available (2-step verification is particularly important) and make sure you have them set up properly. I personally did just that, not for the free storage, but because a lot in my life depends on the security of my Google account. Do yourself a favor this weekend and make sure your account is as secure as possible.
With Valentine behind us, you can almost smell spring in the air. For tech geeks, that means… new devices. We just reviewed the amazingly thin Dell Venue 8 7000, the G Flex 2 is in the house, and more great stuff is incoming. For a little teaser, Ash did an epic history of Nexus video – keep an eye out for it this Monday, and trust me, it’s going to be worth it.
If it’s Sunday, it’s a new giveaway! This week we are giving away a Nexus 9 Android tablet.
The Friday Debate Podcast
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
Here are some interesting posts for your Sunday reading:
- Opinion: Mark looks at the factors holding back the smartwatch as a concept
- Review: Josh reviews the affordable and attractive HUAWEI HONOR 6
- Versus: It’s battle of the beasts, in our Nexus 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus comparison
- Feature: Simon weighs in on the state of battery tech in the mobile industry
- Tech talk: Snapdragon 810 benchmarks shed some light on the overheating speculation
- Review: Taylor reviews the intriguing Dell Venue 8 7000
Top news of the week
And here are the top news in the Android world this week:
New NVIDIA device
- Rumor: Tegra X1 powered SHIELD Tablet in the pipeline
- NVIDIA press invitations rolling out, new gaming product coming March 3rd
Xposed is back
Galaxy S6 rumors and reports
- Alleged Galaxy S6 Edge benchmark shows top of the line specs
- Bloomberg confirms “all-metal” Galaxy S6 and Edge, as more renders and schematics surface
- Samsung promises intelligent Galaxy S6 camera, new details leaked
- Galaxy S6 to have user un-installable bloatware, Material Design improvements, and more
- First video teaser for Galaxy S6 is all about the camera
- Android Lollipop arrives for the Samsung Galaxy S4 in India
- LG G3 Lollipop update rolling out for AT&T users
- T-Mobile Lollipop OTA for HTCOne M8 landing on Feb. 9 (Update: Feb. 10)
- Lollipop update hitting Galaxy Note 4, starting in Poland
- Galaxy Note 2 to receive Android Lollipop, says Samsung Poland
- Android Lollipop arrives for the Moto Maxx and Moto E, in select markets
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F) and Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005) receive Lollipop 5.0.1
We always want to hear your feedback. Whether it’s criticism or praise, feel free to tell us what you think about Android Authority’s content, design, and community. Comment here or get in touch with us on our social channels: