Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
The best OnePlus 9 Pro cases you can get
If you’re spending the big bucks on the OnePlus 9 Pro, you’ll want to keep it in good condition for as long as possible. That’s where a good phone case comes in. Here at Android Authority, we extensively test both phones and cases, so we’ve done the research for you. These are some of the best OnePlus 9 Pro cases you can get right now.
Our picks include thin cases, rugged cases, wallet cases, and more. If you’d like to learn more about our favorite case brands or other smartphone accessories we recommend, check out our guides below.
Our quick picks for the best OnePlus 9 Pro cases:
- Thin case: Spigen Liquid Air Armor — See it on Amazon
- Thin and light, this is the best OnePlus 9 Pro case to avoid thickness and weight.
- Clear case: Spigen Ultra Hybrid — See it on Amazon
- A thin TPU and PC case offers decent protection while letting you show off the phone's design.
- Hybrid case: Caseology Parallax — See it on Amazon
- Dual-layer protection without the bulk is what you get with this excellent hybrid case.
- Wallet case: Double-N wallet — See it on Amazon
- Store up to four cards and cash with this faux leather wallet case.
- Rugged case: Spigen Tough Armor — See it on Amazon
- Keep your OnePlus 9 Pro completely safe with the rugged Tough Armor.
Editor’s note: We’ll update this list of the best OnePlus 9 Pro cases as new options launch.
Best OnePlus 9 Pro thin case: Spigen Liquid Air Armor
- Thin and light
- Tactile button covers
- Anti-slip matte surface
- Only one color option (black)
The Liquid Air Armor may not be the thinnest case in Spigen’s arsenal but is more protective than its other options. It’s a flexible TPU case with a soft bumper that makes it easy to install and remove. A ridged pattern on the back and sides and an anti-slip matte finish add to the grip, and a raised lip keeps the display and rear camera safe. For protection without bulk, the Spigen Liquid Air Armor is the case to get.
Looking for more thin OnePlus 9 Pro case options? We also recommend:
Best OnePlus 9 Pro clear case: Spigen Ultra Hybrid
- Thin and light
- Precise cutouts
- Hybrid protection
- Clear cases tend to yellow over time
- Difficult to keep clean
- TPU bumper is a little stiff
The Spigen Ultra Hybrid is one of the best clear cases you can get for the OnePlus 9 Pro. The case combines a polycarbonate back and a TPU bumper to keep the phone safe from bumps and drops. It’s thin and lightweight but adds enough thickness to keep the display and camera protected. The Ultra Hybrid for the OnePlus 9 Pro comes with a matte black bumper, but the PC back is completely clear.
Looking for more clear OnePlus 9 Pro options? We also recommend:
The Ringke Fusion-X comes with a thick TPU bumper that offers extra corner protection. It’s thicker and heavier than the Ultra Hybrid but a lot more protective. Like the Spigen option, you get a black bumper and clear polycarbonate back to show off the phone’s design.
Best OnePlus 9 Pro hybrid/regular case: Caseology Parallax
- Dual-layer protection
- Tactile button covers
- Stylish case with different color options
- Difficult to remove
Hybrid cases are the way to go if you’re looking for good protection without the thickness or weight. The Caseology Parallax is one of the best hybrid cases you can get for the OnePlus 9 Pro. A TPU case is coupled with a polycarbonate frame to keep the corners safe. You also get a few color choices, like green, black, and blue.
Best OnePlus 9 Pro wallet case: Double-N wallet
- Can hold up to four cards and cash
- Folio cover doubles as a kickstand
- Multiple color options
- Comes with a wrist strap
- Magnetic closure might loosen over time
The Double-N wallet comes with everything you’d expect for a classic wallet case. The premium faux leather looks stylish. The TPU casing holds the phone firmly in place and comes with a wrist strap. The magnetic closure keeps the front cover firmly closed, and the folio cover can be used as a kickstand. You have a few color options to choose from, like black, blue, green, pink, and red. You can store up to four cards and some cash.
Best OnePlus 9 Pro rugged case: Spigen Tough Armor
- Good protection without too much bulk
- Mil-grade certified
- Built-in kickstand
- Flimsy plastic kickstand
The Tough Armor is Spigen’s rugged offering and one of the best cases you can get. A layer of soft TPU helps with shock absorption, and a polycarbonate shell keeps scratches at bay. It even packs a built-in kickstand. The kickstand is a little flimsy, though. It works as expected, but its durability is a concern, especially with a relatively heavy phone like the OnePlus 9 Pro.
Looking for more rugged OnePlus 9 Pro case options? We also recommend:
How we test phone cases
We rigorously test smartphones, accessories, and other products in our reviews here at Android Authority. There are plenty of factors we consider before choosing the best OnePlus 9 Pro cases currently available.
- Protection: An ultra-thin case is great to keep the phone scratch-free but isn’t helpful in case of bumps and drops. We simulate real-world drops to test durability for hybrid and rugged cases, like if the phone falls while pulling it out of the pocket or if it slips off of a table. We also consider corner protection, the lip around the display and rear camera, and whether the buttons are covered.
- Build materials and quality: A bad case could do more harm to your phone than good. Poor-quality polycarbonate cases can break when installing or removing them. If you have to apply a lot of pressure to remove a case, the case might crack. With softer TPU cases, continuously removing the case might cause it to loosen around the corners, affecting the fit and protection.
- Grip: Along with hands-on testing, we slide the phone across different surfaces like wood and marble to see whether it is slippery. Cases get extra points if they have ridges or bumps to help with the grip.
- Installation and removal: Installing a case shouldn’t be difficult, and we don’t feature cases that can’t even be installed easily. However, removing a case can be a pain with high-quality cases and potentially damage your phone. It’s a big no-no if you have to apply a lot of force to the point where you feel the phone almost bending.
- Design and colorways: Design and color are personal choices, but it’s nice to have options. We also have a dedicated category for clear cases to show off the phone’s design.
- Price: You don’t have to spend too much to get a good case. $10 cases that offer as much protection, if not more, than $50 options.