1. DGiT Intelligence: Is the Note 10 Plus worth it?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus reviews have hit. While they’re positive, reviewers are also trying to predict who will like this $1,100+ phone with a stylus. Can in convert non-Note fans? Is it all about the S-Pen?
Here’s a wrap of the reviews:
The Note 10 Plus is a wonderful phone, but its priorities have clearly changed. Samsung is no longer trying to attract the “do anything and everything” crowd, but rather the “do what do you well and make it look good in the process” crowd.
While no phone is utterly impeccable, the Note 10+ comes incredibly close. It’s got big power, big specs, and the biggest, most glorious display you can get right now.
There are plenty of big, powerful Android phones. They mostly cost hundreds less than the $1,100 starting price of the Note 10 Plus. Samsung sells the Galaxy S10 Plus, which is nigh indistinguishable from the Note 10 Plus to the average person. Unless you count that stylus … It probably seems weird to the uninitiated, but Note people know: using a stylus on your phone is great.
If you just want a big phone, you can easily pick up a OnePlus 7 Pro or a Galaxy S10+ for much less money, and you’ll probably have a great time with them. But if you want a big phone that lets you do more than the smartphone basics and don’t mind dealing a few quirks, you won’t do better than the Galaxy Note 10+ right now.
MKBHD: The Favorite Child! (YouTube)
If you were already a Note fan, this one is also going to be a great phone you’re going to like. If you weren’t already into the idea of a Galaxy Note, this one won’t change your mind.
Bonus: Here’s iFixit’s teardown of the Note 10 Plus 5G.
3. The iPhone 11 Pro name is real, with lots of details from Bloomberg here on what’s coming next month out of Apple: “Apple readies camera-focused Pro iPhones, new iPads, larger MacBook Pro”. One Android Authority editor told me that the video recording detail has him considering an iPhone for the first time in years. Controversial, but intriguing.
4. Xiaomi teams up with World of Warcraft for Redmi Note 8 launch (but why?) (Android Authority).
5. JBL Link Bar review: The smartest speaker in its class (SoundGuys).
6. Bose’s new Portable Home Speaker offers Google Assistant, Alexa, and AirPlay 2: $349 (The Verge).
7. Both Amazon and DoorDash will finally no longer use drivers’ tips to cover their base pay (Engadget).
10. Last year, Tesla initiated ‘Project Titan’ — a stealth nationwide program to replace solar panel parts that could cause fires (Business Insider)
11. Starbucks, monetary superpower (jpkoning.blogspot.com)
12. Humans, more than drought, are fueling the Amazon’s flames (Wired). 99% of these fires were started by humans. That seems bad.
13. Could you endure 20 hours in coach? Qantas plans to find out (Jalopnik). Take off in New York, land in Sydney, or London to Sydney… but my question is: how do the pilots and flight attendants endure?
14. What is the “cheap wine tastes like expensive wine in an expensive bottle” of your profession or hobby? (r/nostupidquestions).
DGiT Daily: Your Tech Resource
The DGiT Daily delivers a daily email that keeps you ahead of the curve for all tech news, opinions, and links to what’s going down in the planet’s most important field. You get all the context and insight you need, and all with a touch of fun, and the daily fun element that you otherwise miss.