Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20 goes up for pre-order today
The Samsung Galaxy S20 with mmWave support on Verizon will officially launch on June 4. You can pre-order the device starting today at this link.
The company made the official announcement on its website. Verizon says the phone is built from the ground up to support its 5G network with mmWave technology for Ultra Wideband speeds and its 5G low-band network, which will launch later this year.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20
Though the specs of the device have remained unchanged, Verizon is offering it in an exclusive Cloud White color with 128GB of internal memory. In the video posted above, Verizon representative George Koroneos shows off the device in its new color (along with some of the features offered by the Samsung Galaxy S20), and it looks sexy. The device will keep its 6.2-inch display, 64MP camera, and all the other stuff we know and love.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 is no stranger to 5G, as the device has always had it in one form or another. However, the more affordable base model didn’t support mmWave technology, with only the more expensive Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus and Galaxy S20 Ultra offering that connection.
Currently, Verizon offers 5G in 34 major US cities, with more being added as time goes on. Places like Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City, and others have access to Verizon’s Ultra Wideband, with San Diego next on the list to get it.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20 availability
Pre-orders for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20 opened on May 21 for $41.66 a month for 24 months or $999.99 full retail. Pre-orders are available through either the Verizon app or on the carrier’s website.
Verizon is offering several promotions for the device, including:
- Buy any Samsung Galaxy S20 5G series smartphone and get up to $1,000 towards another, when you add a new Unlimited line and purchase the phone on a Verizon Device Payment plan.
- New and existing customers save $150 with the purchase of a new Samsung Galaxy S20. This discount is given in 24-month bill credits.
- Existing customers can save up to 50% with an additional $350 savings when you upgrade to a new Galaxy S20 and trade-in your existing smartphone and have an active Verizon Premium Unlimited plan.
- Purchase a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20 series smartphone on a Verizon device payment plan and save $150 on select Samsung tablets and $100 on select Samsung wearables.
Want to get your hands on a different 5G Verizon smartphone? Here are the best ones available right now.
- Samsung Galaxy S20:
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus:
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
- OnePlus 8
- LG V60
- Check pricing: Verizon
Is the Verizon plan above not right for you? Here are some other carrier deals you should check out.