Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we reviewed the Sony Xperia XZ1 and Moto G5S Plus, talked about the reasons why having no headphone jack is a good idea, and much more. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win a Google Pixel 2 and Pixel Buds?
The Google Pixel 2 may not have a headphone jack, but the Pixel Buds are here to help. Enter our Sunday Giveaway for a chance to win a Pixel 2 and Pixel Buds!
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Sony Xperia XZ1 review: same ol’ Sony Despite the Sony Xperia XZ1 shipping with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box and adding cool new features like the 3D Creator, we can’t help but feel that it’s just more of the same from Sony.
Why having no headphone jack is a good idea The day when the headphone jack disappears may be sad for some, but lead tech writer Rob sees a beautiful USB future for audiophiles.
Moto G5S Plus review: this is a budget phone? Lenovo has produced an extremely compelling budget device that brings one of the best skins on Android to the masses. How does it stack up?
Why is interest in new smartphones failing? There’s no doubt about it: comparing the year-on-year data, interest in new smartphone launches is falling, and falling dramatically. But why?
The Pixel 2 proves we shouldn’t look to Google for hardware innovation The new Pixels show exactly where Google’s loyalties lie: with software. So we shouldn’t look to Google for hardware innovations like we do other OEMs.
USB Power Delivery explained More smartphones and other electronics products are supporting USB Power Delivery for fast charging. Here’s everything you need to know about the standard.
How to cope with depression in the connected age In the age of technology, what kind of apps could help with depression, something that affects more than 300 million people around the world?
With the death of Windows Mobile, it’s time for Microsoft to go all in on Android With the announcement that Windows Mobile is to be shuttered, some are asking what’s next for Microsoft. The answer? Android.
DxOMark scores shouldn’t be your definitive camera rating system DxOMark has become the go-to company for scoring smartphone cameras, but is its scoring system and business model the definitive way to rate cameras?
5 reasons the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is best for productivity Is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 worth all that cash? If you are looking to improve your productivity, it very well may be.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Project Loon may become Alphabet’s next spinoff company
- Following heavy criticism, OnePlus makes changes to its data collection policy
- Neither NVIDIA Shield tablet will get updated to Android Oreo
- Google will permanently disable Home Mini’s top button so it doesn’t record everything
- Movies Anywhere makes your digital movie library available across multiple platforms
- The Nokia 8 won’t make it to the US after all
- Microsoft Launcher now available on Android, Edge browser preview goes live
- The Android One Moto X4 is being delayed due to production issues
- Razer’s first smartphone will be unveiled November 1
- Google Assistant on your phone can now cast music and video to Chromecast
- The ghost of Cyanogen is working on autonomous excavators
- Alexa can now recognize your voice and give personalized answers
- Hackers may have accessed data of millions of T-Mobile customers
- Get the Pixel 2’s launcher with bottom search bar on your phone now
- How carriers are helping those affected by California wildfires
- OnePlus promised Oreo for the OnePlus 3/3T, and it delivered in the latest open beta
From our network
- Jam Ultra True Wireless Earbuds review [SoundGuys.com]
- Best drones under $500: the mid-range quadcopters that won’t let you down [DroneRush.com]
- Everything announced at Oculus Connect 4 [VRSource.com]