Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
Google I/O 2018 was this week, so of course we have tons of news and videos to bring you. We went hands-on with the new Android P beta, took a first hand look at the new Google News app, talked about the potential troubles of Google Duplex, and more. Here’s what you need to know about this week in Android.
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S9?
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Google I/O 2018: All the biggest announcements Want to learn more about all the things that happened at Google I/O? You’ve come to the right place.
Google News app hands-on: The be-all-end-all news aggregator A new Google News app was announced at Google I/O 2018. Here’s a first-hand look at the new Google News!
ZTE has ceased ‘major operating activities’ due to US supply ban The company say it’s continuing to communicate with the U.S. in hopes of reversing the order.
Google Duplex is amazing, creepy, and too good to go to waste Google Duplex was the biggest talking point from Google I/O 2018, and we’ve explored what it will mean, should Google actually release it into the wild.
Essential Phone in 2018: Fantastic, if you don’t care about your camera We wanted to take a second look to see if the Essential Phone is actually worth buying in 2018, or if you should hold off for the Essential Phone 2.
13 tricks and hacks to speed up Android This post looks at 13 ways you can speed up Android and get better performance from your phone or tablet.
If Apple can’t succeed in China, it shouldn’t bank on being relevant in the next decade iPhone sales in China are struggling, according to the latest data, leaving Apple at risk of being left behind as the technology market enters a new globalized phase.
Hands-on: You can finally reply to messages from the Fitbit Versa and Ionic You can finally respond to app notifications using pre-populated messages or emojis, right from your Versa or Ionic smartwatch.
iPhone X: Android OEMs need to take a look in the mirror The iPhone X represented a chance for Android OEMs to unleash better solutions for smartphones. Instead, they copied the worst parts, including the notch. Why so reactive?
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Android P beta rolling out to Pixel family and 7 other OEM devices
- Android TV and Google Assistant are both built into the JBL Link Bar
- Qualcomm is finally launching new, smaller smartwatch chips
- Android P means new features for Android TV, too
- Google just opened up Google Photos to third-party apps
- Gmail Smart Compost will help you type better emails
- Google Play Awards 2018 winners revealed: who stood out from the pack?
- May 2018 Android security patch available for Pixel, Nexus devices
- Steam Link app will let users play Steam games on their Android phones
- Google Assistant now available with 6 more voices, John Legend’s voice coming this year
- Google Drive on the web is getting a Gmail-like redesign
- The Finney blockchain smartphone will have flagship specs, but who is it for?
From our network
- The best smartphones for audio [SoundGuys.com]
- Samsung SmartThings: Everything you need to know [DGiT.com]
- Best GoPro drones: Take your action camera to the sky [DroneRush.com]