Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Google Play Awards 2018 winners revealed: who stood out from the pack?
The Google Play Awards are a great way for app and game developers to make a name for themselves. Now, the third annual ceremony has taken place, so who were the big winners this time?
We saw a few familiar names getting gongs, including Khan Academy (Best Social Impact), Simple Habit (Standout Well-Being App), and Flipkart (Standout Build for Billions Experience).
The full list of winners are found below, along with their Play Store links:
- Best Accessibility Experience – Be My Eyes (free)
- Best AR or VR Experience – BBC Earth: Life in VR (free)
- Standout Startup – Canva (free)
- Best Breakthrough Hit – Empires and Puzzles (free)
- Best Community Building Game – Episode (free)
- Standout Build for Billions Experience – Flipkart (free)
- Best Social Impact – Khan Academy (free)
- Standout Indie – Old Man’s Journey ($4.99)
- Standout Well-Being App – Simple Habit (free)
The awards differ significantly from last year’s running. The AR and VR categories have been combined into one award, for starters, but we also have plenty of missing categories this year, such as Android Wear, Android TV, Best Multiplayer Game, and Best App for Kids.
Looking for the full list of 2018 finalists? You can find them via the button below.