Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we reviewed the HONOR 7X and HTC U11 Life (with HTCSense), talked about everything you need to know about Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845, and much more. Here’s the news of the week!
We’re giving away THREE Android phones this week
For our Best of Android 2017 competition, we’re pitting 10 of the best flagship Android phones against each other to see which comes out on top. This week, we’re giving away the top three Android phones from the Best of Android 2017 competition. Head to the giveaway page to find out how to enter.
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
HONOR 7X review HONOR recently announced it’s newest budget device, the HONOR 7X. Can it live up to the popularity of the HONOR 6X? Find out in our HONOR 7X review.
Everything you need to know about Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 The new Snapdragon 845 mobile platform has gone big on extra features, as well as faster performance. Here’s everything you need to know about Qualcomm’s new chip.
HTC U11 Life (with HTCSense) review The HTCU11 Life is an affordable mid-ranger from an old favorite. Can HTC’s own Sense variant make us love the company again?
SoC head-to-head: Snapdragon 845, Exynos 9810, and Kirin 970 With the three biggest Android SoC manufacturers unveiling details about their latest chips, let’s dive deeper to see which comes out on top.
HONOR View 10 (HONOR V10) hands-on The HONOR View 10 has just been announced, boasting cutting edge hardware specifications at a very appealing price point. We go hands-on!
Google launches Android Oreo (Go edition) for entry-level devices Google says you should see Android Oreo (Go edition) on devices that are slated to ship “in the coming months,” but gave no further specifics.
The case for regulating our smartphone use How attached to our smartphones are we? Should smartphone usage be regulated?
5 signs that you’re ready to upgrade your smartphone Since most users keep their smartphones for up to two years before upgrading, how exactly do you know if you’re ready for a new phone?
Google hardware: where Google leads and where it lags Google is still relatively new to the hardware game and is finding its footing. But how does it compare to the established hardware giants?
Motion Photos on the Pixel 2 are the perfect way to idly capture candid moments Google introduced Motion Photos with the launch of its Pixel 2 and it’s the perfect way to idly capture candid moments.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Latest Google Home Mini update brings back touch controls for audio playback
- Stable Android 8.1 Oreo is now rolling out to Pixel, Nexus devices
- So, that ‘check for update’ button might start doing something next year
- Reigns: Her Majesty is out now in the Play Store
- Here’s everything new in LineageOS since September
- Here’s why OnePlus doesn’t support Project Treble – yet
- MediaTek and Qualcomm announce chipsets for Android Oreo Go edition
- Bridge Constructor Portal will likely take over your life on December 20
- Google introduces slimline ‘Go’ versions of some of its apps
- Android Go: everything you need to know
- Google Assistant coming to feature phones, starting with India’s JioPhone
- Google amends its Google Play “Best of 2017” list, but why?
- Personal data for 31 million ai.type Keyboard users exposed
- Cat fight: Google blocks YouTube from Amazon’s Echo Show and Fire TV devices
- Google begins Oreo rollout for Android Wear, LG Watch Sport up first
- LG V30 Signature Edition launches in South Korea with Oreo, ceramic body, 6 GB of RAM
- Google is teaming up with celebrities for video answers to your questions
- Andy Rubin returns to Essential after taking a leave of absence
From our network
- Noontec Hammo Wireless review [SoundGuys.com]
- DJI Mavic Pro Platinum propellers on your Mavic Pro – worth the upgrade? [DroneRush.com]
- Best Oculus Rift games [VRSource.com]