Every Android phone is customizable in one way or another, but Samsung phones might be the most customizable phones out there. You can essentially change anything you’d like about the user interface, like the icons, quick settings colors, and even the way your lock screen and recent apps menus look. The best way to customize your new Galaxy S20 is with Samsung Theme Park, the company’s new default theme builder. The app can be a little complicated, so we’ve put together this guide on how to use Samsung Theme Park.
What is Samsung Theme Park?
There are multiple ways to customize the look and feel of your Samsung phone. Out of the box, you’ll have access to the Galaxy Themes app, which lets you download pre-made themes from the Galaxy Store. There are free and paid options, but none of them give you the same level of customization Theme Park does.
Theme Park is an app that can be downloaded from the Galaxy Store on your Samsung phone. If you don’t want to head to the store to search for it, simply click the link below.
The app can be used to create customizable themes based on your phone’s wallpaper. You can change the colors of your quick settings panel, icons, dialer color, settings colors, and much more.
Technically Theme Park is part of Samsung’s Good Lock suite of customization apps, so if you’re into customizing just about every part of your smartphone you’ll also want to download Good Lock. Good Lock isn’t required to use Theme Park, so you can have one installed without the other.
How to use Samsung Theme Park
Once Theme Park is installed, this is where the fun begins.
- To create a new theme, tap the big Design new theme! button. You can’t miss it.
- To create a theme based on your phone’s current wallpaper, tap Current wallpaper.
- To choose a new wallpaper from which you’d like to create a theme, tap Gallery.
- For this tutorial, I’m going to choose Current wallpaper.
- Theme Park will then get to work. You’ll be presented with a theme based on your phone’s wallpaper, complete with a themed quick settings panel, Samsung Messages app, dialer, settings panel, and clock app.
- If this screen is too overwhelming for you (it is for me), tap the grid icon at the top of your screen to switch to a carousel view. That way you can have a better look at each page’s theme.
- Below the themed pages, you’ll see a message that reads “Select a main color.” Below that, you can choose the primary color for your theme, which will affect all the other colors used in that theme.
- Once selected, tap the Style icon on the bottom of your screen. From here, you can choose a set of colors based on your wallpaper that will decide the “mood” of your theme.
- For my example, the default theme is light with dark purple accents. I’m not a huge fan of that, so I’ll choose one of the darker color schemes towards the end of the list.
- You can also long-press a theme style to edit any one of the colors.
- Once you select a theme style, select the Icon option on the bottom-right of your screen.
- Then tap Icon. Turn the toggle off to keep your icons in their own unique colorful states, or turn the toggle on to theme them with your chosen colors. You can choose a different color for your icons if you’d like, too.
- Then tap Tray. Turn the toggle off the keep your icons background-free, or turn the toggle on to enable the light background around every icon. You can choose a tray color if you’d like.
- Then tap Label. This allows you to choose a color for your icon labels.
A few extra details worth pointing out:
- If at any point in the customization process you want to change your home screen or lock screen wallpaper, simply tap on one of those pages. From there, you can crop your current wallpaper or change it altogether.
- Not loving the light theme? Tap the options icon (three vertical dots) on the top-right of your screen. Then tap Dark mode. This will turn all themes into a darker color scheme, complete with black and dark grey backgrounds.
Once you’re done with your theme, hit the save button on the top of your screen. From here you can name your theme and press OK to save it. Then, select your theme from the list and tap Apply.
Phew! I think I got everything. How are you liking Samsung Theme Park? Did this how-to guide help? Let me know in the comments. Also, be sure to check out some of our favorite wallpaper apps while you’re customizing your Samsung phone.