Every Android phone is customizable in one way or another, but Samsung phones might be the most customizable phones out there. You can essentially change anything you’d like about the user interface, like the icons, quick settings colors, and even the way your lock screen and recent apps menus look. The best way to customize your new Galaxy phone is with Samsung Theme Park, the company’s default theme builder. This app can be a little complicated, so we’ve put together this guide on how to use Samsung Theme Park.
What is Samsung Theme Park?
There are multiple ways to customize the look and feel of your Samsung phone. You’ll have access to the Galaxy Themes app out of the box, which lets you download pre-made themes from the Galaxy Store. There are free and paid options, but none of them give you the same level of customization Samsung Theme Park does.
Theme Park is an app that can be downloaded from the Galaxy Store on your Samsung phone. If you don’t want to head to the store to search for it, click the link below.
The app can be used to create customizable themes based on your phone’s wallpaper. You can change the colors of your quick settings panel, icons, dialer color, settings colors, and much more.
Technically, Theme Park is part of Samsung’s Good Lock suite of customization apps, so if you’re into customizing just about every part of your smartphone, you’ll also want to download Good Lock. Good Lock isn’t required to use Theme Park, so you can have one installed without the other.
How to use Samsung Theme Park
Once Samsung Theme Park is installed, this is where the fun begins.
- To create a new theme, tap the big, colorful Create new button. You can’t miss it.
- To create a theme based on your phone’s current wallpaper, tap Current wallpaper.
- To choose a new wallpaper from which you’d like to create a theme, tap Gallery.
- For this tutorial, I’m going to choose Current wallpaper.
- You can now crop and select which area of the image you want to use as your wallpaper. Select Done when finished.
- You’ll be taken back to the Select wallpaper page. Hit Next.
- Samsung Theme Park will show a theme based on your phone’s wallpaper, complete with themed icons, quick settings panel, Samsung Messages app, dialer, settings panel, clock app, and more.
- If this screen is too overwhelming for you (it is for me), tap the grid icon at the top of your screen to switch to a carousel view. That way, you can have a better look at each page’s theme.
- Below the themed pages, you’ll see a message that reads, “Select a main color and style.” Below that, you can choose the primary color for your theme, which will affect all the other colors used in that theme.
- Once selected, you’ll be presented with the option to select your style. This modifies the “mood and colors of the theme.” From here, you can choose a set of colors based on your wallpaper.
- For my example, the default theme is mostly pink and blue. I prefer to contrast with a darker blue, so I’ll pick one of the colors towards the end.
- You can also pick the very last option to select whichever color you prefer.
- You’ll also be asked to select the other colors the theme will use.
- You can now go into each of the previews to make more specific customizations. You can modify colors for the home screen, app tray, and lock screen.
A few extra details worth pointing out:
- If you want to change your home screen or lock screen wallpaper at any point in the customization process, simply tap on one of those pages. From there, you can crop your current wallpaper or change it altogether.
- Not loving the Samsung Theme Park light theme? Go back to the color palette at the bottom and change it.
Once you’re done with your theme, hit the save button on the top of your screen. From here, you can name your theme and press OK to save it. Then, select your theme from the list and tap Apply.
Phew! I think I got everything. How are you liking Samsung Theme Park? Did this how-to guide help? Let me know in the comments. Also, be sure to check out some of our favorite wallpaper apps while you’re customizing your Samsung phone.