Eevee is not only one of the cutest but also one of the most interesting Pokémon that exists. It has the ability to evolve into multiple different types of Pokémon, almost all of which are now available in Pokémon Go. Many Eevee evolutions, or Eeveelutions, are also quite powerful and will serve you well in trainer battles and as gym defenders. So, without further ado, here is how to get all Eevee evolutions in Pokémon Go.
Catching Eevee and collecting candy
Like any other Pokémon in Pokémon Go, you need to collect Eevee candy before you can get your hands on its evolutions. Eevee requires 25 candy for each. Currently, there are seven Eevee evolutions in the game, which means you will need to collect a total of 175 candy to acquire Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon and the rest.
This is the toughest part because you’re going to need to catch a ton of Eevees to make this happen. It requires some patience, but there are ways you can expedite the process. Here is what you can do:
- Use Incense or add a Lure to a Pokéstop to make Pokémon spawn more frequently.
- Use Pinap berries when you spot an Eevee. This will double the candy you receive if you successfully catch it. Use Great or Ultra balls to decrease the chance of Eevee escaping.
- Already have an Eevee? Make it your walking buddy, enable Adventure Sync, and receive candy for every kilometer you walk, whether you have the app open or not.
- Hatch eggs! Eevee is available from 5km eggs and is relatively common.
- Complete field research tasks — Eevee can appear in reward encounters.
- Be on the lookout for Community Days and events. They can have increased spawn rates for certain Pokémon, including Eevee.
How to get Eevee evolutions
So, now that you have all the candy you need, how do you evolve Eevee? You can simply tap the evolve button to get a random Eevee evolution. However, if you want to get Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon or Umbreon specifically, you can use this simple trick. Rename your Eevee before evolving it using these nicknames:
- Rainer for the Vaporeon evolution
- Pyro for the Flareon evolution
- Sparky for the Jolteon evolution
- Sakura for the Espeon evolution
- Tamao for the Umbreon evolution
- Linnea for the Leafeon evolution
- Rea for the Glaceon evolution
It’s important to note that you can only use nicknames for your desired evolution once. Every following one will be random, so make sure you only use Eevees with a high CP and IVs. You should also know that Sylveon is not available in Pokémon Go yet.
Are there any other ways to guarantee certain Eevee evolutions in Pokémon Go? Unfortunately, the answer is no for Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Flareon. But the good news is that the same doesn’t apply for the rest of the gang. Espeon and Umbreon can be acquired by walking with Eevee as your buddy. Once you’ve walked 10 km together, you can evolve it during the day for Espeon or at night for Umbreon.
Things get a bit harder for Glaceon and Leafeon. These evolutions require either a Glacial Lure or a Mossy Lure. They can be earned as level rewards or purchased from the shop for 200 coins each. If you want to save your coins, however, you can also be on the lookout for random Glacial or Mossy lures in your area. You will spot them easily because they have a different animation from that of normal lures.
More Eevee evolution tips and tricks
At this point, you should be well-equipped to evolve your Eevee. But there are a few things that you should take note of:
- Make sure you use your best Eevee (in terms of IV and CP levels). You can check the IVs using third-party apps or you can appraise the Pokémon in the app itself. We recommend only evolving three-star Pokémon, but sometimes even a two-star Eevee can turn into a powerful gym defender, especially if you evolve it into Vaporeon which has a naturally high CP.
- Patient players may want to wait until they’re higher level so they can obtain stronger Eevee with higher CP to evolve. That way you spend less time, candy, and stardust making your evolutions powerful.
These are our tips and tricks on how to get all Eevee evolutions in Pokémon Go. Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!