Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to hatch eggs in Pokemon Go
You’ve no doubt found some eggs in Pokemon Go. They’re available at most Pokestops and they drop randomly if you have open slots in your inventory. You can carry up to nine eggs at a time. They can spawn all types of Pokemon depending on their value. Here is a short primer on how to hatch eggs in Pokemon Go and what they do.
- Here is a quick beginner’s guide to playing Pokemon Go!
- Eggs can provide some decent XP. Here are other ways you can earn XP and level up faster!
Pokemon Go incubator and hatching eggs explained
Ready to learn how to hatch eggs in Pokemon Go? Good, but first let’s start with what eggs are all about in Pokemon Go. Here is a quick rundown:
- Eggs come in 2km, 5km, and 10km varieties. The number coincides with how many kilometers you have to walk before they hatch.
- Click here to see what Pokemon typically hatch from a 2km egg.
- Here’s a list of the Pokemon that typically hatch from a 5km egg.
- Finally, here’s the list of Pokemon that hatch from a 10km egg.
- Activating a Pokestop is how you get eggs. You can carry up to nine eggs at a time. However, you can only hatch eggs that are in incubators.
- Leveling up and the Pokeshop are the only two ways to obtain incubators. Incubators obtained this way disappear after they hatch three eggs.
- Every player has one “infinite” incubator that they can use an unlimited number of times.
- You can purchase Incubators from the Pokeshop using Pokecoins. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to get free Pokecoins! Each Incubator costs 150 coins and lasts for three uses.
- When you hatch eggs in Pokemon Go, you’ll get a Pokemon, some stardust, and some candy of the same Pokemon. Thus, if you hatch an Eevee, you’ll get stardust and a random amount of Eevee candy. You can learn more about candy, leveling up Pokemon, and more by clicking here.
Okay, now that we have the basics down, let’s talk about how to hatch eggs in Pokemon Go!
How to hatch eggs faster in Pokemon Go
As you can see, learning how to hatch eggs in Pokemon Go is actually really easy. And doing it on the regular is equally simple once you get the process down. Here are the steps:
- Walking. That’s really the only way to do it. Most resources available suggest that you must be traveling at 15MPH or less (give or take) in order for the game to register you as “walking”. Therefore, you can’t cheese it by driving, although biking might work.
- Many enterprising players have found interesting ways to do it without much additional work. One example was someone placing their phone on a Roomba. Others have recommended using drones (if you have one laying around). Really, any machine, creature, or method of movement will work as long as the movement is enough to trigger the mechanism in the game that tells it that you’re walking.
By and large, most players just take walks or bring their devices along with them during jogs. There are ways to get around the walking thing if you really want to, but the easiest way is to just walk. Some players who have spoofed the game have found alternative methods but we won’t outline those here.
They’re against the rules of the game and may get you banned someday. Leave a comment and tell us any additional tips or tricks that we may have missed! Click here to check out the latest Pokemon Go news!