Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to cancel Fitbit Premium on any device
Fitbit, like most modern fitness hardware companies, offers a premium subscription service for its platform. This allows you to get even more out of your smartwatch or fitness tracker through various helpful features. You can benefit from personalized insights, dynamic workouts, and much more. But what if you find that you don’t need these extra features? Check out our article below, where we give you a step-by-step guide on how to cancel Fitbit Premium.
You can quickly and easily cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription on Android, iOS, Microsoft devices, or Fitbit's desktop platform by heading to their respective subscriptions sections and following the prompts.
JUMP TO SECTION
What is Fitbit Premium?
Signing up to Fitbit Premium is fairly straightforward, and it can unlock a bunch of extra features that are not available with the free version of the service. You will be able to learn more about your fitness through personalized insights, along with advanced sleep tools. You can utilize dynamic workouts and also take advantage of various other guided programs. However, these are not for everyone, and you may find that you don’t need Fitbit Premium after all.
Our verdict: Fitbit Premium review
Get a free trial first
If you are reading this and are not yet subscribed, you should know that you can take advantage of Fitbit Premium for free for 90 days. This free trial is available to users on the Fitbit app. You can find out more about it here and get your hands on your own 90-day free trial of Fitbit Premium. Payment details will be required, so make sure to cancel before your trial ends if you want to avoid being charged.
How to cancel Fitbit Premium on desktop
The way you cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription will depend on the method you used to sign up. You will only be able to cancel it using the same device you used to sign up for the service. If you signed up on their desktop site, you can cancel Fitbit Premium in a few simple steps.
- Head to Fitbit.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Find the Subscriptions and Payments section.
- Click edit and cancel your subscription.
If you are still in a free trial period, you will be unable to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription on the website. In this case, refer to the instructions below to cancel it on the app.
How to cancel Fitbit Premium from an Android device
These instructions only apply to Android devices. Keep scrolling if you’re looking to cancel from an iOS device.
Cancel Fitbit Premium from a smartphone
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Select your profile icon on the top right, then select Payments & subscriptions.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap Fitbit.
- Select Cancel subscription and then confirm.
Cancel Fitbit Premium from desktop
- Go to the Google Play Store website.
- Choose My subscriptions from the left-hand side of the screen.
- Locate the Fitbit app and then hit Manage.
- Select Cancel subscription and confirm.
How to cancel Fitbit Premium from an iOS device
Cancel Fitbit Premium from an iPhone
- Open your Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select your Apple ID.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Choose Fitbit and then hit Cancel subscription.
Cancel Fitbit Premium from a Mac
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile from the bottom left-hand corner or select Store, then View My Account from the bar at the top of the screen.
- Under Manage, click on the button next to Subscriptions.
- Choose the Fitbit subscription, then hit cancel.
How to cancel Fitbit Premium from a Microsoft device
These instructions apply if you subscribed to Fitbit Premium from a PC or Xbox.
- Go to Microsoft’s Services and subscriptions website and sign in to your account.
- Choose Fitbit, then click Manage.
- Select Cancel, then follow the instructions on the screen to cancel your subscription.
More reading: The most common Fitbit problems and how to fix them