If you want to get more out of your Fitbit, there is an easy way to do so. Fitbit’s free app allows you to access some of its best features on iOS and Android, as well as some Microsoft devices too. However, there is also Fitbit Premium, which gives you access to even more great features. The service is extremely useful for those that really want to look after their health and wellbeing.
If you want to find out how to sign up for Fitbit Premium, check out our handy guide below.
What is Fitbit Premium?
As we’ve already mentioned, the free Fitbit app comes with some very handy features. You get access to basic health and fitness tracking, which allows you to keep tabs on how you are feeling physically. You can also track your sleep, along with various other basic insights from data that your Fitbit device tracks throughout the day. However, you can get more out of the app by signing up for Fitbit Premium, which offers far more personalized insights.
It even provides dynamic workouts within the app, as well as other guided programs and advanced sleep tools. This means that Fitbit Premium can tailor a lot more of the app to suit your specific lifestyle. The premium subscription comes in two forms: a monthly and an annual subscription. You can choose to pay $9.99 per month, or you can save by paying one lump sum.
Don’t miss: Fitbit Premium review: Is it worth the cost?
Sign up for a free trial
Before you consider which payment option to go for, note that there is also a free trial available. This will allow you to get a feel for Fitbit Premium without committing to any payments until you are sure you want it. However, the free trial sometimes changes between 30 days and 90 days, so you may want to wait for the best time to sign up.
You’ll have to download the app to sign up for a free trial, which you can do on Android or iOS devices. Payment details are required for the free trial, so make sure to cancel it before the trial ends if you want to avoid being charged.
How to sign up for Fitbit Premium on desktop
You can sign up for a Fitbit Premium subscription on a desktop in just a few easy steps, but you won’t be able to use a free trial with this method. Also, if you want to cancel at any time, you will need to do it on a desktop as well. You can find out more about how to cancel your premium subscription here. In the meantime, follow these steps:
- Go to the Fitbit website.
- Scroll down and select the monthly or annual Fitbit Premium subscription option.
- Look at your cart summary and then click checkout.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to check out.
Sign up for Fitbit Premium on an Android device
- Download the Fitbit app if you haven’t already.
- Sign up or log in.
- Tap the Premium button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Select either the monthly or annual Fitbit Premium subscription (note: prices in dollars are as described above).
- Check out securely as you normally would on your Android device to confirm your subscription.
How to sign up on an iPhone
- Download or open the Fitbit app.
- Sign up or log in.
- Tap on Premium in the bottom navigation bar.
- Choose your Fitbit Premium subscription type
- Check out using your normal payment method for your iOS device
There you go! You’re all set up with Fitbit Premium. It should at the very least help you stay on top of your fitness goals, and it’s always easy to cancel later if things aren’t working out.