If you are looking to get more out of your Fitbit, there is an easy way to do it. The free app that allows you to access some of Fitbit’s best features is available on iOS and Android, as well as some Microsoft devices too. However, there is also Fitbit Premium, which gives you access to even more great features. These are very useful for those that really want to look after their health and wellbeing. If you want to find out how to sign up for Fitbit Premium, check out our handy guide below.
What is Fitbit Premium?
As we have already mentioned, the free app comes with some very handy features. You get access to basic health and fitness tracking, which allows you to keep tabs on how you are feeling physically. You can also benefit from some sleep tracking too, along with various other basic insights. However, you can get more out of the app by signing up for Fitbit Premium, which offers more personalized insights, allowing you to make the most out of your fitness tracker.
You will also be able to benefit from dynamic workouts within the app, as well as other guided programs and even advanced sleep tools. This means that with Fitbit Premium you can tailor a lot more of the app to be more suited to your specific lifestyle. The premium subscription comes in two forms; both a monthly and an annual subscription. You can choose to pay $9.99 per month, or you can save more than 30% by opting for the annual payment of $79.99.
Sign up for a free trial
Before you consider which payment option to go for, you should note that there is also a free trial available. This will allow you to get a feel for Fitbit Premium without committing to any payments until you are sure you want it. There is currently a 90-day free trial on offer, which you can find out more about here (possible affiliate link placement?). In order to sign up for the free trial you will need to do so on the app, which can be accessed via Android or iOS devices. You should also note that payment details are required for the free trial, so make sure to cancel it before the trial ends to avoid being charged if you decide that you don’t need it.
How to sign up for Fitbit Premium on desktop
You can sign up for a Fitbit Premium subscription in just a few easy steps, but you should note that you will be unable to make use of the free trial using this signup method. Also, if you want to cancel at any time, you will need to do it on a desktop as well. You can find out more about how to cancel your premium subscription here (insert link to how to cancel fitbit premium post when published).
- Go to the Fitbit Website
- Scroll down and select the monthly or annual Fitbit Premium subscription option
- Look at your cart summary and then click checkout
- Follow the on-screen instructions to check out securely
Sign up for Fitbit Premium on an Android device
- Download the Fitbit app if you haven’t already
- Sign up or login
- Tap the Premium button at the bottom right of the screen
- Select either the monthly or annual Fitbit Premium subscription (note prices in dollars are as described above)
- Check out securely as you normally would on your Android device to confirm subscription
How to sign up on an iPhone
- Download or open the Fitbit app
- Sign up or login
- Tap on Premium in the bottom navigation bar
- Choose your Fitbit Premium subscription type
- Check out using your normal payment method for your iOS device