Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Creating group calls in Google Duo is dead simple — Here's how to do it
The app makes video chatting with up to 11 other friends or family members dead simple. Here is what Google Duo’s group chat feature is capable of and everything you need to know about how to use it.
Want to learn more about Google Duo? Check out our guide explaining what it is and how to use it.
How to create a group call in Google Duo
Groups are super easy to create in Google Duo. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Google Duo app and permit it to access your microphone, camera, and contacts if you haven’t already.
- Swipe up on the middle of the screen to access all of your contacts.
- Tap on the Create group button below the contacts search dialogue box.
- Select up to 11 contacts to add in a group and tap Done when you’re finished.
- Name the group. Everyone in the group will see this, so make it easy to identify.
- Call the group by tapping the Start button at the bottom.
Once you make the call, everyone will be notified, but not everyone needs to answer. Alternatively, you can also send a video message to the group. And once you’ve created a Google Duo group, it will be available in your contacts list so you can quickly call everyone or send them video messages in the future.
It’s that simple. That’s all you need to know about creating group calls in Google Duo.
Are you still looking for more video chat related content, tips, and tricks? We’ve got you covered:
- How to use Google Duo Effects and Filters
- 5 best video conferencing apps for Android
- The 6 most common Zoom issues and how to fix them
- Houseparty: What is it and how it can help you stay socially connected
- How to delete a Zoom account
- 10 best video chat apps for Android!
- How to set up and use Zoom: Everything you need to know to get started
- How to change your Zoom background to make meetings more fun
- Hangouts vs Skype: The differences and similarities explained
- How to use Google Hangouts: Set up work video meetings, chat with family, etc.
- Zoom Meetings: 10 tips and tricks you should know about
- How to use Skype for personal and business calls and video conferencing
- 10 best FaceTime alternatives