Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week - June 28, 2015
Hello Android fans! This week brought us a look at the technology powering the next generation of cars –Android Auto and more; we checked out the new stock-like theme and the new RAW mode of the Galaxy S6; OnePlus continued to reveal key specs of the OnePlus 2; Google launched an ad-supported version of Play Music; BlackBerry’s CEO hinted at a possible Android release in the future; we got a look at the third-gen Moto G; Amazon opened up its Alexa platform to all; and Samsung claimed a major breakthrough in battery technology.
News of the week video
Inside AA HQ
We’re experimenting and branching out in new areas all the time, and this week’s new avenues are Twitch and Periscope.
Game streaming is exploding and Twitch is the biggest channel, even if Google is mounting a strong offensive with its YouTube Gaming initiative. And now we’re a part of it! Join our Joe Hindy on the Android Authority Twitch channel for a dose of mobile gaming and witty commentary.
Periscope seems to be the hot new trend in social media and it’s easy to see why. A simple smartphone and a wireless connection lets you stream anything, in real time, to thousands of followers. We’re applying this powerful concept to the world of Android: follow us on Periscope for live impressions of new devices, Q&A sessions, event impressions, and much more!
Our special Opera Max giveaway is still open: enter for your chance to win three hot Android phones: Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 and LG G4. The sweepstakes end June 30 11:59PM EST. Good luck!
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
- Tech talk: Curious how a modern octa-core processor works? Gary takes a close look
- Feature: Google needs to break inside mobile apps – Simon explains how and why
- Feature: Rob goes through the trends and companies driving the close future of Android
- Feature: The debate rages on: metal, plastic, or glass?
- Hands-on: What is like to use a Note 4 without Google services? Matt goes hands-on
- Review: Josh reviews the sleek OPPO R7? Worth it’s price tag?
Top news of the week
Android Auto event
- Android Auto coming to select 2016 GMC and Buick models
- Interview with Chevrolet: Android Auto plans
- Chevrolet Spark running Android Auto: hands-on first look
- Beyond Android: A look at the Chevrolet Bolt prototype
Galaxy S6 news
- Android 5.1 update brings RAW and lower ISO to Galaxy S6
- Hands-on: Galaxy S6 Edge gets stock Android-like theme
- Galaxy S6 ranks first in a “real world” speed test
- OnePlus confirms next flagship will come with a USB Type-C port
- OnePlus is loud and unashamed of it
- The OnePlus 2 will be officially unveiled on July 27th in virtual reality
Play Music goes free
BlackBerry and Android
- BlackBerry is not against building a secure Android phone, says CEO
- 4 ways BlackBerry can be unique on Android
Moto G 2015
Echo & Alexa
- Amazon Echo now available for everyone, without an invite
- Amazon making its voice technology available for all, announces $100M in funding for devs
Samsung’s battery breakthrough
We always want to hear your feedback. Whether it’s criticism or praise, feel free to tell us what you think about Android Authority’s content, design, and community. Comment here or get in touch with us on our social channels: