Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week
With MWC looming, more leaks and rumors about the stars of the show are emerging. This week, we learned more details about the HTCOne (M9) and the Galaxy S6/S Edge. Manufacturers and carriers pushed Lollipop updates to several devices, but the most interesting Lollipop news was a total surprise: Android 5.1 was spotted running on Android One devices shipped in Indonesia, and with no official word from Google, speculation is heating up. Finally, the first Lollipop-based Paranoid Android ROM has arrived this week.
Inside AA HQ
It was another week of behind-the-scenes work for the AA team (and the Sound Guys team, and the tiny TabTimes team). Derek and Darcy are working hard on our product database – it’s been long in the making, but we think your patience (and our effort) will be worth it. The app redesign is coming along nicely, and hopefully we’ll have the big update ready by early spring. We’re also making plans for MWC (three weeks to go!) and it looks like we’ll have a big team on the ground this year.
Our YouTube team just got stronger – following stints at some of the most popular technology channels around, Taylor Martin has joined Android Authority. Taylor will be doing how-to’s, tips and tricks, and reviews, and will help us continue our stint as a leading mobile technology channel. Watch Taylor’s Meet the Team video, and don’t be shy, he loves your comments.
On the editorial side, Mark Hearn will be providing you with smart insight into all things tech. Formerly with Engadget, 9to5Google, and others, Mark’s first piece (on the casual user’s misunderstanding of Android) has been a hit, with almost 200 comments and hundreds of shares. Read it here.
As always, keep an eye out for our Sunday Giveaway. Each week, we’re giving away a hot gadget to our loyal readers. This week we are giving away an LG G3.
The Friday Debate Podcast
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
Here are some interesting posts for your Sunday reading:
- Review: Lanh takes a look at Samsung’s new metallic mid-ranger, the Galaxy A3
- Roundup: Using AppAnnie data, Joe rounds up the big app and app trends of 2014
- Feature: Simon walks you through the History of HUAWEI and gives you a glimpse at its future
- Hands-on: Matthew presents you the Pantech Vega Iron 2, or “the Galaxy S5 that could have been”
- Opinion: Mark Hearn muses on the casual user’s misunderstanding of Android
- How-to Andrew tells you what to do (what to avoid doing) when buying an used phone
Top news of the week
And here are the top news in the Android world this week:
One M9 in gold
Lollipop update bonanza
- HTC One M7 Unlocked and Developer Editions receiving Lollipop update
- Sprint rolling out Galaxy S5 and HTCOne (M7) Lollipop updates today
- Samsung strikes again, Galaxy S4 LTE-A Lollipop rollout begins
- Nexus 7 cellular variants finally receiving Lollipop 5.0.2 updates
- Android 5.0 Lollipop rolling out to Verizon Galaxy S5
- Android 5.0.1 Lollipop leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Android 5.0 Lollipop begins rolling out for Exynos-powered Galaxy S5
- T-Mobile Lollipop OTA for HTCOne M8 landing on Feb. 9
Galaxy S6 and S Edge
PA 5 is here
We always want to hear your feedback. Whether it’s criticism or praise, feel free to tell us what you think about Android Authority’s content, design, and community. Comment here or get in touch with us on our social channels: