Happy New Year, Android fans! The last week of 2015 brought us hot rumors on the Galaxy S7 and the LG G5, a close look at the Xiaomi Mi 5, proof that Google Glass is living on, Google’s move from Oracle’s Java APIs, and a slew of Android Marshmallow update news.
Inside AA HQ
2015 has been a banner year for Android Authority, thanks to you, our beloved audience. Across the website, the forums, YouTube and our social media, our viewership and engagement rate have grown in 2015, giving us the opportunity to share our passion for all things Android with more people than ever. We thank you for that and hope that we can reward your trust in 2016 and beyond!
The new year starts with a bang, straight out of Las Vegas. We have our biggest team yet in Vegas for CES 2016, ready to bring you our most ambitious coverage ever. For the first time, we will have our very own booth at CES, so we will be able to bring you a ton of live coverage, interviews, hands-ons, and general Android geekery. It will be the best CES edition ever – join us from tomorrow for all the coverage. And while you wait, don’t miss our CES 2016 preview!
We’re still polishing it and improving it, but our brand new Android app is live in the Play Store. Let us know what you think!
Our Readers’ Choice Best Android Phone of 2015, the Nexus 6P, is the prize in our weekly giveaway! Good luck, guys!
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
- Review: Bailey reviews the excellent Redmi Note 3
- Feature: Erdem sheds some light on the negative side effects of our smartphone addiction
- Feature: The year in Android: the defining moments of 2015
- Opinion: The Pixel C has been unfairly criticized, argues Matt
- Feature: Jimmy’s letter to manufacturers: here’s what we want from you in 2016
- Feature: CES 2016 is starting next week! What to expect
Top news of the week
LG G5 details
Xiaomi video and renders
New Google Glass
New Galaxy S7 reports
- Exclusive: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge dimensions confirmed in new leak
- Report: Galaxy S7 to feature 5.2-inch display, Galaxy S7 Edge 5.5-inch
Android N and Java
- Xiaomi Android Marshmallow updates nearing release
- Unlocked HTC One A9 gets Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update
- Honor 7 is getting Marshmallow in India, but you will have to register to get it
- Samsung Galaxy S5 gets Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, by accident
- G Stylo on Sprint begins receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- LG G3 now updating to Marshmallow in Poland
Join our newsletters
Get the Android Weekly delivered to your inbox each and every Sunday, sign up for our newsletter below.