Google Assistant has become an integral part of our everyday lives. You can use it in almost any situation, and it continues to learn new skills almost daily. It can schedule your tasks, play your favorite music, and even answer any weird questions you might have. However, it also has the peculiar habit of popping up from time to time for no reason. To solve this, your best option is to shut it down completely. Here’s how to turn off this digital helper.
How to turn off Google Assistant:
Shutting this feature down is a breeze, but the right menu can be challenging to find since it’s buried somewhat deep in its settings. Here are the step-by-step instructions you’ll need to follow:
- Go to your Google app on your phone and open it.
- Tap your profile image up top (or the “More” button below) and then select “Settings.”
- Tap the “Google Assistant” tab.
- Scroll down to the “General” section
- Toggle the slider next to “Google Assistant,” and you’re done.
Of course, if you want to turn your assistant back on, you follow almost all of the same steps. However, you’ll just have to flip the toggle in the opposite direction once you reach step five.
So, there you have it. That’s how you can turn off this digital helper in just a few taps. We will update this post if the procedure changes in the future, though it’s unlikely.