Google Assistant can help you get stuff done faster. It can schedule your tasks, play your favorite music, and even answer any weird questions you might have. However, it also has the peculiar habit of popping up from time to time for no reason. This can get very annoying, especially if it interrupts something you’re doing.
To solve this, your best option is to completely shut it down. Here’s how to turn off Google Assistant.
How to turn off Google Assistant altogether
Shutting this feature down is a breeze, but the option can be difficult to find since it’s buried somewhat deep in its settings. You can check out step-by-step instructions on how to do it below:
- First, launch this digital helper (for the last time).
- Tap the compass icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap your profile image up top and then select “Settings.”
- Tap the “Assistant” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Assistant devices” section and select your phone.
- Toggle the slider next to “Google Assistant” and you’re done.
So, there you have it. That’s how you can turn off this digital helper in just a few taps. We will update this post if this procedure changes in the future.