Google Assistant can help you get stuff done faster. It can schedule your tasks, play your favorite music, and even answer any weird questions you might have. However, it also has the peculiar habit of popping up from time to time for no reason. This can get very annoying, especially if it interrupts something you’re doing. To solve this, your best option is to completely turn off Google Assistant on your phone.
How to turn off Google Assistant altogether
Turning off Google Assistant is a breeze, but the option can be difficult to find since it’s buried somewhat deep in Assistant’s settings. You can check out step-by-step instructions on how to do it below:
- Launch Google Assistant (for the last time).
- Tap the compass icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap your profile image up top and then select “Settings.”
- Tap the “Assistant” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Assistant devices” section and select your phone.
- Toggle the slider next to “Google Assistant” and you’re done.
So, there you have it. That’s how you can turn off Assistant on your smartphone in just a few taps. Did you experience any issues? Let us know in the comments!
If you want to learn more about Google Assistant, we have you covered. Check out a few guides on the topic below: