Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
By the way: There was way too much IFA 2017 coverage this week to include in this article. Head here to see all our IFA 2017 coverage in one place!
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
LG V30 hands-on: A mobile photography powerhouse LG has announced the LG V30 with several upgrades, including a new OLED screen and lots of new camera features. Let’s take a closer look at all the changes!
Essential Phone review: Maximum hardware, minimum software Does the first smartphone from Andy Rubin’s Essential live up to the hype? Find out in our full Essential Phone review.
Google Assistant vs Siri vs Bixby vs Alexa vs Cortana – Best virtual assistant showdown We pit the five most popular AI assistants against each other in this comparison of the Google Assistant, Siri, Amazon Alexa, Bixby, and Cortana!
LG V30 vs the competition LG officially took the wraps off the V30, which looks to be a multimedia powerhouse. Let’s see how it stacks up with its competition.
BlackBerry unveils the KEYone Black Edition: a faster, more stylish variant The upgraded handset will arrive with more RAM and internal storage space, as well as a new lick of paint.
Sony Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact hands-on: a flagship in two sizes Sony’s Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact bring flagship specs and a new 3D Mapping camera feature, but are they different enough from previous Sony phones?
Hands-on with the Samsung Gear Sport, Gear Fit 2 Pro, and Gear IconX 2018 Samsung is filling in the gaps of its wearable strategy with a new, slightly smaller Gear Sport smartwatch, Gear Fit 2 Pro fitness band, and Gear IconX 2018 wireless earbuds.
Does every flagship need a killer feature? These examples suggest they might! Is a single ‘killer feature’ what it takes to really sell an Android phone? Here are some flagships that suggest that might be the case.
Google’s ARCore hopes to introduce augmented reality to the Android masses Similar to Apple’s ARKit for iOS devices, ARCore allows developers to make AR apps for Android phones without the need to purchase special hardware.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Sony Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact announced with Oreo on board
- Customers affected by personal data leak will get Essential Phone for free
- Sony Xperia XA1 Plus announced, packs a few small improvements over its predecessor
- Android 8.0 Oreo update roundup: factory images and OTAs are here
- Galaxy Note 8 has the best smartphone display, according to DisplayMate
- TCL will launch a BlackBerry-branded all-touchscreen phone in October
- The Fitbit Ionic is the fitness company’s first smartwatch
- Acer Chromebook 15 boasts aluminum design and 12 hours of battery life
- The Essential Phone still isn’t certified by Verizon
- Why are some OEMs still shipping phones with MicroUSB?
- Garmin unveils the vivoactive 3, vivomove HR, and vivosport activity trackers at IFA 2017
- Sony reveals which of its devices will get the Oreo update
- Palm-branded devices may reportedly make a return in 2018
- Android 8.0 Oreo coming to Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL
- Google Assistant will expand to more third-party devices this year
- Misfit’s Vapor smartwatch with Android Wear gets pushed back to October
- It’s official: Bezel-less Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 to be revealed on September 11
- Use a lightsaber and an AR headset in Lenovo’s new Star Wars: Jedi Challenges experience
From our network
- Focal Utopia review – Audio perfection? [SoundGuys.com]
- Best camera drone: photos from the sky [DroneRush.com]
- ASUS will launch its own Windows Mixed Reality headset [VRSource.com]