This week we finally got concrete details about Google’s upcoming game streaming service, Google Stadia. This includes a list of games that will be available when it launches in November, as well as internet requirements for 4K and 1080p streaming. Beyond the livestream, more details could be found tucked away on the official website.
Apple’s annual WWDC conference took place this week, unveiling new hardware and software. A big part of the event was dedicated to iOS 13, which is more similar to Android than ever. It even has a few features we hope make it to Android in the future.
As for reviews, this week we published our Oppo Reno 10x Zoom Edition review, with a Huawei P30 Pro-style 10x zoom lens. However, Huawei isn’t resting on its laurels and pushed out an update to the Huawei P30 Pro camera that made the current camera king even better.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Oppo Reno 10x Zoom Edition review: A serious Huawei P30 Pro rival — The Oppo Reno 10x Zoom Edition competes against the big guys with its advanced camera system.
- Google Stadia fixes one of the Pixel 3a’s few flaws — Thanks to Google Stadia, the Pixel 3a is about to be one of the best gaming phones on the market.
- Is your internet good enough for Google Stadia? It’s complicated — The speed of your internet connection is important, but there’s more to think about.
- Android and iOS are more similar than ever, and that’s a good thing — Apple iOS 13 ports over some features found in the latest versions of Android.
- 6 iOS 13 features we’d like to see on Android — Apple’s iOS 13 takes a few cues from Android, but it also packs several features we’d like to see on Google’s platform.
- Huawei P30 Pro camera update: the best gets better? — There’s a camera update for the Huawei P30 Pro, but how much of a difference does it make?
- Apple’s digs at Android distribution numbers are getting old — The joke is wearing thin, Apple, and it’s an unclassy move.
- The best Android phones you can buy right now — We’ve just updated our list of the best Android phones you can buy.
- You don’t have to pay for movies: Sony Crackle is a great free streaming service — Streaming that’s both free and legal? Sony Crackle offers exactly that.
- What goes into making a great smartphone camera? — We keep hearing about all these amazing smartphone cameras, but what is it that makes them so great?
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week we had two editions of the podcast. The first is all about WWDC and Apple’s latest announcements. Megan Morrone joins us to talk about the latest from Android’s biggest competitor, iOS. Listen to this episode below.
In the second episode, we discussed Google Stadia and give our impressions of the Asus Zenfone 6. You can check out this episode below.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Mobvoi TicWatch E2 + S2 and OnePlus 7 Pro?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.