Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Galaxy S10 series gets its January 2023 update, which could be its last
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S10 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 Plus, and Galaxy S10e. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series at the same time, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- Will the Samsung Galaxy S10 series get Android 13? No
Latest Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e updates
January 17, 2023: The Samsung Galaxy S10 family is getting what could be its final regular update, according to SamMobile. Owners of the Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10 Plus are getting firmware version G97xFXXSGHWA3 for January’s update. This update contains security fixes and nothing else
Previous Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e updates
- December 23, 2022: December’s update has come for the Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10 Plus in the US, according to SamMobile. Firmware version G97xUSQS8IVL1 will only bring security patches to known vulnerabilities this time around. This update addresses issues such as improper access to messages, a vulnerability that allowed hackers to remotely disable network traffic encryption, and a loophole in RCS messaging.
- November 4, 2022: On the heels of October’s scheduled security update, Samsung is pushing out another patch to improve BLUetooth, stability, and the camera (per SamMobile). This latest update is available for the Galaxy S10e, the Galaxy S10, and the Galaxy S10 Plus for owners in Europe and the Galaxy S10 5G in Switzerland. These phones will get firmware version G97xFXXUGHVJ5, while the S10 5G will get firmware number G977BXXUDHVJ5.
- October 18, 2022: Samsung is rolling out the October security update for the Galaxy S10 series (per SamMobile). Specifically, the Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy S10 Plus will get firmware version G97xFXXUGHVJ1. The update addresses over 47 vulnerabilities.
- October 3, 2022: The security update for September is hitting the US, two weeks after it came out for international markets (per SamMobile). The Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy S10 Plus are getting firmware version G97xUSQU7IVH3. This update will fix 24 security issues.
- August 18, 2022: Samsung is in the process of rolling out a new security update patch with the firmware build number G97XFXXSGHVH2 (per PhoneArena). The update will address over 60 privacy and security vulnerabilities. Android OS is responsible for half of these issues, while the other half are “Galaxy exclusive” bugs. At the moment, the patch is only releasing to certain countries in the EU including Germany, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Switzerland, and the Nordic region. However, it will eventually find its way to the rest of the EU and the US.
- July 28, 2022: It’s time for another security update. July’s update is headed to the Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy S10 Plus and will fix over 50 privacy and security vulnerabilities according to SamMobile. The firmware update is listed as version G97xFXXSFHVG3.
- June 13, 2022: Samsung is rolling out the latest June 2022 Android security patch to the Galaxy S10 series (per SamMobile). The update fixes over 60 vulnerabilities and is firmware version G970FXXSFHVF1. As of now, it does not appear that the update contains any other features, although that could change once we find out what’s in it. The rollout is happening now in select European countries but will hit the global stage soon.To check if the update is available for your device, head to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
- April 13, 2022: Samsung started rolling out the April 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S10 trio earlier this month. Per Droid-Life, that update is now available globally, including here in the United States. Since the March 2022 update brought One UI 4.1, there’s not much else to this update aside from the patch. Do note that the Galaxy S10 5G is one month behind, so this update includes the March patch instead.
- March 22, 2022: Samsung is rolling out a One UI point upgrade to the Galaxy S10 trio. Per GSM Arena, One UI 4.1 is rolling out now in select areas. This update brings along with it numerous photography features that first debuted with the Galaxy S22 series.
- January 17, 2022: Samsung is rolling out the first update of the year to the Galaxy S10 trio. Per SamMobile, firmware version G97xFXXUEGVA4 brings the January 2022 security update and seemingly little else to the former flagship lineup. The update is currently available in Germany, but expect it to land in more markets in due course.
- December 29, 2021: Android 12-based One UI 4 made an early appearance on the Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e (h/t SamMobile). The rollout starter in Germany and bore firmware version G97xFXXUEGULB. The December 2021 security patches were also included.