Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we talked about the HTC U11, OnePlus 5, Android O, and all the other Google IO announcements. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win an HTC U11?
It’s brand new and it can be yours. Enter our Sunday Giveaway for a chance to win an HTC U11.
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Everything new in Android O Developer Preview 2 A new preview of Android O beta is out now – here are the essential things you should know.
Android Go: Everything you need to know Google is splitting up Android, with a new Go version made for entry-level devices. See what that’s about.
HTC U 11 hands-on HTC’s real 2017 flagship has arrived. Is it any good?
Has the HTC U11 made the U Ultra obsolete already? Did HTC shoot itself in the foot with the U11 and the U Ultra?
Google IO 2017: All the announcements in one place! We know, you don’t have time to read everything. This brief overview is made just for you.
Exclusive: Here’s that dual camera OnePlus 5 prototype in the flesh The next OnePlus 5 is coming with a dual camera. We have an early prototype for you to gawk at.
Why social VR is a really big deal Virtual reality doesn’t have to be isolating. Google’s effort to make VR social is more important than it seems.
Here are the five best things that were announced at Google I/O 2017 Watch – or read – to get the takeaways from this year’s developer conference.
Life-like realism, a Pixel AR and going mainstream: catching up with Project Tango Tango’s not going to Google’s drawer of forgotten projects. See what’s new.
The challenges facing mobile VR Mobile or standalone? Google’s hedging its bets, and these challenges explain why.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Google, HTC, and Lenovo announce standalone Daydream headsets
- Google Home getting new fun features and coming to more countries
- Google Assistant gets a ton of new features and support for new languages
- Over 2 billion Android users active daily – Google I/O
- Refurbished Galaxy Note 7 to be called Galaxy Note FE, apparently
- (Update: 10 million shipped) Samsung sold more than 5 million Galaxy S8 units
- At least one new Nokia-branded phone shown in teaser video
- Motorola Moto C and Moto C Plus budget-friendly phones announced
- Google’s new punishment for poorly-made apps in the Play Store
- Android Go is NOT a replacement for Android One
- Android O will let you update graphics drivers directly through the Play Store
- Google Play can now prevent rooted users from downloading certain apps
- New Android payment features will include sending money via Google Assistant
- OnePlus teamed up with the creators of DxOMark for the OnePlus 5 camera
- What’s the deal with Android’s new security suite ‘Google Play Protect’?
- Android O devices will reboot twice as fast, app performance to substantially improve
- Google made new emoji again [Diving into Android O]
- Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus getting Daydream support this summer, LG V30 could be next
From our network