Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to add money to your Cash App
You can transfer funds from your bank account to your Cash App, but that’s not your only option. If you have paper money you want to deposit in your Cash App, here’s where you can load your Cash App account.
Read more: Can you send money from PayPal to Cash App?
To transfer money into your Cash App account from your bank, open Cash App and tap the Money tab > Add Cash > Choose the amount > Add > Confirm using your PIN or touch ID.
To add funds to your cash app at a retailer, visit a participating location > Tell a cashier you wish to deposit funds into your Cash App account > open Cash App > Banking > Paper Money > Show Barcode > Have the cashier scan your barcode.
For a list of participating retailers at which you can add money to your Cash App account, see below.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to transfer money from your bank to Cash App
You can transfer money from your bank account to Cash App by doing the following:
- Open Cash App and tap the Money tab.
- Tap Add Cash.
- Choose the amount you wish to transfer.
- Tap Add.
- Confirm using your PIN or touch ID.
At which stores can I load my Cash App account?
If you want to load your Cash App account in-store, Cash App maintains a list of retailers where this is possible. As of the time of writing this article, these include:
- Walmart (Customer Service Desk or Money Centers)
- Duane Reade
- Family Dollar
- Kum & Go
- Rite Aid
- Dollar General
You can find the closest deposit location to you in Cash App under Banking > Paper Money, where you’ll see a map of deposit locations.
How to load your Cash App at a store
Once you find a location where you can load your Cash App account in-store, here’s what to do when you get there:
- Upon arrival, tell a cashier you want to load funds into your Cash App account using your barcode. If they don’t understand, open Cash App > Banking > Paper Money and tap the “?” button to show them the instructions for doing so.
- Tap Show Barcode to bring up your barcode.
- Show the barcode to your cashier and have them scan it.
- Depending on the store or location, you may need to accept a fee from the retailer to deposit funds in-store. It’s usually between $1 to $4 but may vary based on the retailer and location.
- Be sure to request a receipt.
Sometimes, a cashier may require you to swipe your Cash Card to perform the paper money deposit. If this happens, politely inform the cashier they have to scan the barcode in the app for the deposit to work, not the card. Your barcode will expire after around 10 minutes, and if you want to perform another deposit after that time, you must do the above steps again.
Some stores may require ID verification before performing the deposit. Be sure to bring your ID to a store before depositing funds in case this is required.
You may deposit up to $1,000 per rolling seven days and $4,000 per rolling 30 days. You must deposit at least $5, and you cannot exceed a deposit of $500 per transaction.
Read more: What is Venmo?
No. In fact, you must use Banking > Paper Money > Show Barcode to deposit funds into your Cash App account in-store.
Yes. It’s usually between $1 to $4, but it may vary based on the store and location. The retailer charges this fee.
You can deposit up to $1,000 per rolling seven days and $4,000 per rolling 30 days. You need to deposit at least $5, and you can’t go over a deposit of $500 per transaction.