Disney Plus, just like many other streaming services, is available to watch across multiple platforms. If you don’t have access to a television or simply want to stream Disney Plus on your laptop while traveling, the best way of doing so is through a web browser.
Disney Plus is supported by multiple browsers available for Windows PCs and Macs. Meanwhile, there are two ways of watching the service on Chromebooks. Let’s get you acquainted with all the ways you can watch Disney Plus on a desktop.
Start by signing-up
If you don’t have a Disney Plus streaming account, you will need to sign up and log in before you can start watching shows and movies on it on your desktop. Follow the steps given below to subscribe and sign in to Disney Plus through a desktop.
- Sign up for Disney Plus through a browser of your choice (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, or Safari).
- Enter your credentials on the login page.
- Browse and select the title you want to stream.
- Hit play and start streaming.
Requirements for watching Disney Plus on a desktop
Before you start watching Disney Plus on your desktop, you will need to take note of certain basic requirements. These include: ensuring a high-speed internet connection, having an updated browser, and more. Let’s break down these requirements for you.
Minimum internet speeds
Disney Plus recommends a minimum internet speed of 5Mbps for streaming HD or High Definition content. The service also hosts a bunch of 4K content for which you’ll need a minimum speed of 25Mbps.
If you’re unsure of the speed of your internet connection, you can check it by heading over to speedtest.net on your browser.
How to watch Disney Plus on Windows?
You can watch Disney Plus on a Windows desktop by using any one of the four browsers mentioned below.
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 and later
- Firefox 68 and above on Windows 7 and later
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 and later
- Google Chrome 75 and above on Windows 7 and later
How to watch Disney Plus on macOS?
- Chrome 75 or higher on macOS 10.10 and later
- Safari 11 or higher on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later
- Firefox 68 and above on macOS 10.9 and later
How to watch Disney Plus on Chrome OS (Chromebooks)?
You can stream Disney Plus on Chrome OS 79 and later. The native Chrome browser on Chromebooks can be used to watch Disney Plus content. Alternatively, you can also download the Disney Plus Android app on your Chromebook.
If you’ve followed the above instructions and requirements correctly, you’re hopefully watching Disney Plus on your desktop right now. Here are some recommendations for the best shows and movies you can catch on the platform. You can also check out the links below for more streaming recommendations on Disney Plus.
- Disney Plus: The master list of movies and TV shows
- Here are the best Disney Plus reality shows to watch while stuck at home
- 10 best comedies on Disney Plus
If you still on the fence about subscribing to Disney Plus, you can read our thoughts about the service here. Convinced about getting a subscription? Hit the button below to sign up and start watching Disney Plus.