Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to remove and replace your Fitbit bands
Fitbit devices are objectively attractive, from the smartwatch lines to the more petite fitness trackers. Unfortunately, the company uses proprietary bands, which means you can’t use the standard watch straps you’ll find on analog watches. This also means replacing them requires a particular method. But whether you own a Sense or a Charge 4, it’s easy to change Fitbit’s bands.
Depending on which Fitbit you own, you'll either need to depress a latch or push a pin. This, in turn, will allow you to remove your current band.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to change your Fitbit band
Fitbits with latched bands
This is Fitbit’s newer band mounting system used across most of its fitness trackers and its newer flagship smartwatches. Use this method if you own a Fitbit Sense, Versa 3, Charge 5, Charge 4, or Luxe.
- Turn your Fitbit over.
- Locate the latches on either side where the straps meet the watch.
- Release the latch by sliding the flat button towards the band.
- Pull the band away from the watch to free it from its attachment slot, and repeat on the other side.
- Press the band into the slot to attach a band until you hear the latch click.
See also: Fitbit Sense review | Fitbit Charge 5 review
Fitbits with spring-loaded pin bands
This is Fitbit’s older band mounting system for its earlier smartwatches, mainly in the Versa series. Use this method if you own a Fitbit Versa 2, original Versa, Versa Lite, or Inspire 2.
- Turn your Fitbit over.
- Find the small pin on either side where the straps meet the watch.
- You need to free the pin by pushing it towards the middle of the watch. If you’re removing the right-side strap, push the pin towards you. Do the opposite for the left strap.
- The strap should come free when pulling it gently away from the watch.
- Slide down the pin and coax the strap back into the attachment slot to attach a new band. Secure the pin by pushing it towards the outside of the watch.
See also: Everything you need to know about your Fitbit’s bands
Where can I find replacement bands for my Fitbit?
Fitbit might use a proprietary band system for its devices, but thankfully, there is no shortage of third-party replacement bands online. Find a link to replacement bands for your respective tracker below or directly from Fitbit.
Are you looking for more guidance? Find our picks for the best Fitbit Sense, Versa 3, Versa 2, Charge 5, and Inspire 2 bands at the links.