Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
The best Apple Watch bands to show off your style
The Apple Watch is one of the most versatile and stylish smartwatches you can buy, but the default band leaves a bit to be desired. To help you take your watch to the next level, we’ve separated the wheat from the chaff and done the research for you to pick out the best Apple Watch bands on the market. Whether you own an Apple Watch Series 7, Series 6 or SE, or something a little older, there’s a band for you.
The best Apple Watch bands
Our picks include sport bands, leather bands, rugged bands, and more. While there are many honorable mentions on this list, the best Apple Watch bands are listed below.
Apple Sport Loop: The best Apple Watch band for working out
When it comes to the best Apple Watch band for working out, the new Apple Sport Loop is unbeatable. The breathable nylon material ensures sweat won’t accumulate on your wrist, and the new color options make it a stylish companion outside of the gym, as well. Since it’s an official Apple product, it runs a tad pricey at roughly $40, but it’s worth it in the long run.
Nomad Modern Band: The best leather Apple Watch band
The Nomad Modern Apple Watch band features high-quality leather that’s hard to find in this price range. This particular model has a streamlined look, but the company also offers a Modern Slim version that will better fit smaller wrists, a bulkier Traditional version, and a waterproof Active Band Pro version. These options are built to last and will develop an attractive patina over time.
See also: The best Apple Watch accessories
Nomad Steel Band: The best metal Apple Watch band
When it comes to metal bands, you have some excellent options. Our top pick is the beefy Nomad Steel band, which comes in silver and graphite for that timeless metal-link look. There’s also an even sturdier titanium model, but that will put you back a pretty penny.
Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Band: The best rugged Apple Watch band
This rugged Apple Watch band should look familiar to fans of the popular G Shock watches. It features the same hardy silicon design, which wraps around your Apple Watch face for added protection. Running only $20, it’s incredibly affordable, but don’t expect quite the same premium build quality as you’d find in first-party options.
See also: The best Spigen smartphone cases
Casetify Saffiano Leather Band: The best custom Apple Watch band
When it comes to custom Apple Watch bands, the best we’ve found is the Casetify Saffiano Leather band. While it’s technically faux leather, it is eco-friendly, recycled, and biodegradable, according to Apple’s own goals. Customization is limited to colors and initials, but the build quality and fashion-forward design more than justify the price.
That’s it for our list of the best Apple Watch bands you can buy, but it’s only a fraction of what’s out there. We also want to give an honorable mention to the following products:
- Nike Sport band: The fluoroelastomer Nike Sport Band is completely impermeable if you want something for swimming. The perforated surface allows some breathability and adds a touch of sporty style.
- Catalyst Sport band: This third-party band is great for working out, and comes in at roughly half the price of official options. It’s made of durable silicone perforated to reduce weight and allow breathability.
- Apple Leather Link Band: If you can afford to spend a bit more, Apple’s official Leather Link band is an attractive option. It features a unique textured design, high-quality leather, and a variety of color options to suit your style.
- Spigen Retro Fit Band: The Spigen Retro Fit band brings leather style at a much more affordable price. Granted, it’s synthetic leather, but it’s still soft and comfortable for all-day wearing.
- Apple Milanese Loop: Apple’s official stainless steel Milanese Loop band is a fantastic option for a more modern style. It’s still a durable stainless steel strap, but the tiny mesh loop pattern makes it feel as smooth as fabric. It’s unisex, incredibly stylish, and although it’s still expensive, it’s still much cheaper than Nomad Steel.
- Spigen Modern Fit Band: Thankfully, you don’t need to spend an arm and a leg to get a great metal band. The Spigen Modern Fit runs a fraction of the cost of most other options and still offers a quality stainless steel link design. It’s a bit bulkier and less premium than other options, but for the price, it can’t be beat.
- amBand Rugged Armor band: This is a hardier, more protective alternative to the Spigen Rugged, thanks to the included case. It’s roughly the same price and quality, but it does offer a few more color options.
- SupCase Unicorn Beetle Pro: If you’re not a fan of the G Shock design language of the amBand or Spigen Rugged and want a band that makes your device look like a retro outdoorsy watch, this is a fantastic option. Just be sure to buy the model that fits your watch size.
That’s it for our list of our favorite Apple Watch bands. We’ll update it with new items once they are released.