Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week – September 13, 2015
The world of Android never stands still, so after a brief post-IFA respite, this week brought us exciting reports about the Moto X Force, the first real look at the Android-powered Nokia C1, and more images of the Nexus 5X; Apple announced a very tame upgrade to Android’s biggest rival; we heard the first enticing rumors about the Galaxy S7; and Google finally launched Android Pay.
Inside AA HQ
All the big news happened the week before, but Josh, Lanh, and Nirave actually stayed in Berlin until Wednesday, continuing to bring you coverage from Europe’s biggest tech event. One of the last things they did at the show was hand out the Android Authority Best of IFA awards for the five most impressive products launched at IFA. See the award winners here.
Now that IFA is behind us, we’re all looking forward to the next big event of this autumn. Google will unveil the next Nexus devices at the end of September, and just like every other Android fan, we’re very excited to see them in action. Until then, we have a bunch of hot devices in our labs, including the Moto X Style and the Mate S – reviews are coming soon, so stay tuned.
OnePlus has a hit a snag or two in bringing the OnePlus 2 to market, but you won’t have to deal with all that invite hassle, provided you’re lucky enough! Check out our international giveaway for a shot at winning a brand new OnePlus 2!
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
- Review: Bailey puts the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 up for testing
- Hands-on: May the force be with you! We go hands-on with the HUAWEI Mate S
- Hands-on: Is the HUAWEI Watch still worth your attention, six months after its announcement?
- Opinion: Andrew looks at the strategies of the major Android OEMs: who’s winning and who’s losing?
- Feature: Xiaomi: it’s time you learned more about the Chinese company taking over most markets that it enters
- Unboxing: Moto X Style or X Pure: whatever you call it, it’s one hell of a device
Top news of the week
Moto is out in Force
The true Nokia Android is coming
All about Nexus 5X
- (Update: new image) LG Nexus 5X shows up in clearest image yet
- You can get a good idea of what the Nexus 5X looks like from these case renders
New iPhones: lots of yawns and a few cool features
- By the numbers: iPhone 6S vs the Android competition
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus announced: what you need to know about Apple’s latest
Galaxy S7: the rumor mill is working
Android Pay is here
Join our newsletters
Get the Android Weekly delivered to your inbox each and every Sunday, sign up for our newsletter below.