Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
50 fun things to ask Siri for a quick laugh
Apple’s Siri voice assistant is one of the most popular in the industry, for the obvious reason that it’s built into everything the company makes, from iPhones to the Apple TV. Aside from functions like telling you the weather and controlling settings, did you know it also tells jokes? Here’s a list of fun things to ask Siri during some downtime.
Editor’s note: This obviously doesn’t include every single fun thing to ask Siri, as that would be a very long list. Instead, we’ve picked a sampling of favorites.
What is Siri?
Before we go over the fun stuff, let’s cover some basics for those unfamiliar with Siri or the Apple ecosystem. Siri is a digital assistant which streamlines a variety of tasks. These include general information, sending messages, making calls, taking notes, playing music, navigating while driving, and much more.
Hey, Siri. Are you listening?
Voice assistants are commonly activated with trigger words, sometimes referred to as wake words or hotwords. Siri is no exception. If you want Siri’s attention, say “Hey Siri” within microphone range, followed by your command or question.
There are alternate methods of activating Siri. iPhone and iPad users can press and hold the home button, or the side button on models where a home button is absent. You can click the Siri icon on Macs, double-tap AirPods, or press and hold the digital crown on Apple Watches. If you have an Apple TV with a Siri Remote, you’ll have to hold down the Siri/microphone button and talk directly into the remote.
Related: The best true wireless earbuds
Fun things to ask
Now that you know the basics of Siri, let’s have fun.
Playing the odds:
- Flip a coin.
- Roll a die.
References to movies, music, culture, and arts:
- What is your favorite movie?
- Blue pill or red pill?
- Is Jon Snow dead?
- Is winter coming?
- Do you follow the Three Laws of Robotics?
- I see a little silhouetto of a man!
- I am your father!
- Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
- Where is Elvis Presley?
- What is Inception about?
- Are you “Her”?
Requests and traditional jokes:
- Tell me a joke.
- Tell me a story.
- Sing me a song.
- Knock knock.
- What does the fox say?
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- What is the meaning of life?
- Beatbox for me.
- What is zero divided by zero?
- Do you believe in god?
- Can you make me a sandwich?
- Do you think you are smarter than me?
- Is it true that whoever smelt it dealt it?
Tech and industry jokes:
- What is the best operating system?
- What do you think of Google Assistant?
- Which is the best phone?
- What is the best watch?
- Okay, Glass.
- How much do you cost?
- How much do you earn?
- Are you a robot?
- What does Siri mean?
- What is your best pickup line?
- Testing 1, 2, 3.
- What do you do when you aren’t talking to me?
- How old are you?
- Do you have any pets?
- Will you go on a date with me?
- Talk dirty to me.
- Will you marry me?
- Do you have a boyfriend?
- I love you.
- How do I look?
- Do I look fat in this?