Apple’s digital assistant is one of the most popular and robust in the industry. Aside from obvious functions like telling you the weather and controlling your smartphone, did you know it also tells jokes? Of course, sometimes you need the right question to get the best answer. Not sure what to say? Here’s a list of fun things to ask Siri for kicks and giggles.
Editor’s note: This obviously doesn’t include every single fun thing to ask Siri, as that would be a very long list. Instead, we have picked a sampling of our favorites.
What is Siri?
Before we go over fun things to ask Siri, let’s cover some basic information for those unfamiliar with Siri or the Apple ecosystem. Siri is an artificial intelligence (AI) digital assistant which can help with a variety of tasks. These include getting general information, sending messages, making calls, taking notes, playing music, navigating, and much more.
Hey, Siri. Are you listening?
Digital assistants are commonly activated with trigger words. Siri is no exception. If you want Siri to start listening, say the words “Hey, Siri.” Then simply say your Siri command out loud.
There are other methods for getting Siri’s attention. Those rocking iPhones with a physical button can press and hold the home button. Newer iPhones have no home buttons, so activating Siri can be done by pressing and holding the side power button. With AirPods, you can double-press to activate Siri. On Apple Watches, you can press and hold the digital crown. The process is a little different with each device, but “Hey, Siri” always works!
Related: Android vs iOS
Fun things to ask
Now that you know what Siri is and how to trigger it, let’s jump right into the fun.
- Flip a coin.
- Roll a die.
References to movies, music, culture, and arts:
- What is your favorite movie?
- Blue pill or red pill?
- Is Jon Snow dead?
- Is winter coming?
- Do you follow the three laws of robotics?
- I see a little silhouetto of a man!
- I am your father!
- Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
- Where is Elvis Presley?
- What is Inception about?
- Are you “Her”?
Requests and traditional jokes:
- Tell me a joke.
- Tell me a story.
- Sing me a song.
- Knock knock.
- What does the fox say?
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- What is the meaning of life?
- Beatbox for me.
- What is zero divided by zero?
- Do you believe in god?
- Can you make me a sandwich?
- Do you think you are smarter than me?
- Is it true that whoever smelt it dealt it?
Tech and industry jokes:
- What is the best operating system?
- What do you think of Google Assistant?
- Which is the best phone?
- What is the best watch?
- Okay, Glass.
- How much do you cost?
- How much do you earn?
- Are you a robot?
- What does Siri mean?
- What is your best pickup line?
- Testing 1, 2, 3.
- What do you do when you aren’t talking to me?
- How old are you?
- Do you have any pets?
- Will you go on a date with me?
- Talk dirty to me.
- Will you marry me?
- Do you have a boyfriend?
- I love you.
- How do I look?
- Do I look fat in this?