Owning an Android device also means having to own a Google account, which allows you to sync and integrate many of Google’s services to your mobile phone. One of those privileges is syncing your Google Chrome bookmarks directly with your Android device.
The steps for doing that are actually very easy–short and sweet, in fact. To sync your Google Chrome bookmarks with your Android device, you will be needing a Google account–which presumably you already have–and support from an Android app called ChromeMarks.
First, you need to sync your local Google Chrome bookmarks with your Google account in the following manner:
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Click the “Wrench” icon on the upper-right portion of the screen to open the option page.
- Click “Personal Stuff” and sign in to Google Chrome using your Google account.
- After signing in, the browser will then ask permission to sync all data to your Google account. If you opt not to snyc all your data, click on advance settings to chose which data to sync.
- After you’re done, click OK and all your chosen data are now synced with your Google account.
- To open your bookmarks on another computer, just repeat the previous steps and Google will automatically sync your data to the device.
Now that your Google Chrome bookmarks are synced with your Google account, you can now access them using your Android device.
To do this, you will be needing the help of a third-party app called ChromeMarks. You can download ChromeMarks free from the Android Market.
Assuming you’ve already downloaded and installed ChromeMarks to your Android device, here’s how to access your synced bookmarks on your Android device:
- Open the ChromeMarks app on your mobile phone.
- It will then ask you to verify your Google account.
- For multiple accounts, click settings and open Sync Settings. You will be given a list of Google accounts currently registered on your phone.
- After selecting your account, press sync and the app will automatically sync your saved bookmarks on your device. You can now browse your bookmarked sites on your Android device.
The lite version of ChromeMarks only offers a one-way syncing process–from browser to phone. But, its premium version allows you to sync your Android browser bookmarks to your desktop via Google Chrome and vice-versa.
The pro version of ChromeMarks lets you enjoy the following features:
- Changes made on your mobile phone are instantly seen on your desktop via Google Chrome
- Includes automatic sync
- Share bookmarks on your Android browser directly to Chrome
- Create desktop shortcuts to your bookmarks and folders
- No advertisements
The unlocked version of the app costs approximately US$2.00–a cheap price that offers a unified Android browser and Google Chrome web browsing.
With syncing capabilities on your device, you can now browse the Web on your desktop, and also on-the-go via your Android phone or tablet.
What other alternative ways do you know that syncs your Google Chrome browser on your Android phone?