Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we reviewed the Moto G5 Plus, took an in-depth look at what Bluetooth 5 is capable of, and talked about all the new OnePlus 5 rumors. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S8?
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Moto G5 Plus review Does Motorola remain the king of the budget category with the latest addition to the Moto G series? Find out in our Moto G5 Plus review!
The truth about Bluetooth 5 – Gary explains Once you strip away all the hype and PR language, what is the truth about Bluetooth 5. Is it faster? Does it have a better range? Let me explain.
ZTE Quartz hands-on ZTE’s new Quartz smartwatch runs Android Wear 2.0 and costs less than $200. Join us as we take a first look at the new smartwatch!
Not releasing Bixby at launch is a slap in the face to Galaxy S8 buyers Not offering the full version of Bixby on the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus in the US at launch is unprofessional and makes Samsung look incompetent.
The case for capacitive buttons With the Samsung Galaxy S8 ditching capacitive buttons, it’s possible that other OEMs may follow suit. But are there are still some merits to this design?
Five OnePlus 5 features we’d like to see With the first OnePlus 5 specs making the rounds, we compiled a little list of the features we’d like to see in the OnePlus 5.
2017 release calendar: All the major smartphones we’re expecting this year We’ve already seen a few great devices in 2017. More of them are coming soon including the OnePlus 5 and Galaxy Note 8. Find out when they will be released.
Exclusive: Moto Z2 Force revives the headphone port (new renders and video) New renders and 360 video show the Moto Z2 Force, aka the Moto Z Force 2017, revives the 3.5 mm headphone port despite being even thinner this year.
Is an OLED supply crunch coming? While Samsung has been ramping up its mobile OLED production, a large order from Apple and other OEMs could lead to a supply shortage this year.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- The OnePlus 5’s model number has reportedly been revealed
- Nexus 6P beta testers can snag the final Android 7.1.2 Nougat update
- LeEco acquisition of Vizio canceled
- OnePlus users frustrated over broken promises and lack of communication
- Google shuts down Burger King’s horrible new Google Home-triggering ad
- Samsung Bixby voice control won’t launch with Galaxy S8
- Fitbit reportedly delays its first real smartwatch from spring to fall 2017
- Galaxy S8 pre-orders now at 728k, higher than Galaxy S7
- Google App beta update hints at multi-user hotword detection
- ZTE’s new Quartz smartwatch brings Android Wear 2.0 for under $200
- LG ‘bootloop’ class action lawsuit may add more devices
- OxygenOS 4.1.3 update rolling out to OnePlus 3/3T
- HUAWEI has launched two smartwatches, but its CEO still doesn’t know what they’re for
- The Galaxy S8 Active is heading to AT&T
- LeEco rumored to lay off more than a third of its workforce
- HTC One X10 has finally been announced in Russia for $355
- Google Allo 9.0 reveals its desktop version might work similar to WhatsApp
From our network
- Blue Microphone Ella review [SoundGuys.com]
- Apparently Apple wants to join forces with Hon Hai Technology Group (Foxconn) on Toshiba bid [TabTimes.com]
- Gorillaz just released a new VR house tour experience [VRSource.com]
- Video: New Honda Clarity Electric and Clarity Hybrid Plug-in [Charged.io]