There are many reasons why you might want to schedule a text with Google Messages. Maybe you want to remind your husband to let the dog out in the morning, or perhaps you want to confirm that you’re still meeting for drinks with a group of friends. Whatever the case, scheduling that message is pretty straightforward.
Related: The best texting apps for Android
How to schedule a text with Google Messages
- Open up the Messages app on your phone and start a new conversation or enter an existing one.
- Type out the message you’d like to schedule as you normally would, but don’t hit the send button.
- With your message composed, tap and hold the send button, which initiates the scheduled messaging feature.
- You can choose to send your message at some pre-determined times. Conversely, you can pick an exact time of your choosing.
- If you choose to set up your own schedule, you’ll see a calendar and time picker. Fill it out with the appropriate info.
- If everything looks correct, hit Save. You’ll then see the chosen time and date above your message and a new clock icon on the send button.
- Tap the send button, and your message is scheduled.
If you are looking to schedule a text with Google Messages, these instructions should work for the different types of texts you send. In other words, it doesn’t matter if they are SMS, MMS, or Chat messages. You can schedule whatever you like.
Remember that your phone will need to be connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi when the message is scheduled to go out. If that isn’t the case, the message won’t send. Make sure your settings are correct!