- It looks like a US operator may have divulged the existence of the Google Pixel 4a 5G.
- The listing features a model number that’s almost identical to the standard Pixel 4a.
- It’s believed that the 5G model packs a Snapdragon 765 series processor.
XDA-Developers spotted a list of 5G phones on the website of Boom! Mobile, a US-based MVNO running atop Verizon and AT&T‘s networks. More specifically, one of the phones listed on the website has the name “Google G025E.”
The outlet notes that the Pixel 4a has model numbers G025J/G025N/G025M, so it would seem like the aforementioned Google phone is part of the Pixel 4a family.
We’ve heard rumors before that Google is preparing a Pixel 4a 5G, so this latest news seems to add fuel to these claims. It’s believed that this phone will be equipped with the Snapdragon 765 series processor.
However, we do hope this is more than just a Pixel 4a with 5G, as the standard model is set to pack a 3,080mAh battery that’s already on the average side for a 4G phone. So a big boost to battery capacity would definitely be welcome here.
What would you like to see from the Google Pixel 4a 5G? Give us your wishlist in the comments section. Otherwise, you can check out more Pixel-related coverage below.
- Everything we know about the Google Pixel 5 series so far
- Google Pixel redux: Proof of the power of software
- The only reason the Pixel isn’t Android’s crown jewel is Google
- We asked, you told us: You don’t want to see the end of this Google trick
- 7 times Google was behind the curve with its Pixel phones