Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Android update hub page. This page covers all major U.S. carriers with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus update information, but note that we won’t be covering general security patches in our list.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Android update
The Galaxy S9 series was released in February 2018 and became the first Samsung flagship to run Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. Since then, Google has released the Android 8.1 update, but S9 owners are still waiting for any concrete rollout details.
Looking ahead, the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus should be one of the first in line to enjoy the benefits of Android P. The as-yet-unnamed major OS upgrade is currently in beta testing.
The S9, unfortunately, isn’t on the list of supported devices for the beta phase as yet, however, the stable build should arrive in a timely fashion as it has been confirmed that the Galaxy S9 supports Project Treble.
It also seems likely that the S9 series will eventually be updated to Android Q, but we’ll no doubt have to wait until 2019 to hear more on that front.
Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus update US
|Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 updates - US||Android 8.1 Oreo||Android P|
Verizon Galaxy S9 (SM-G960UZ*AVZW ) and Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965UZ*AVZW) update:
- June 21, 2018: Verizon rolls out the June security update for the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.
AT&T Galaxy S9 (SM-G960UZ*AATT) and Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965UZ*AATT) update:
- The AT&T Galaxy S9/S9 Plus is yet to receive any noteworthy updates.
T-Mobile Galaxy S9 (SM-G960UZ*ATMB) and Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965UZ*ATMB) update:
- March 14, 2018: T-Mobile rolls out Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus update, improves camera and face unlock stability.
Sprint Galaxy S9 (SM-G960UZ*ASPR) and Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965UZ*ASPR) update:
- The Sprint Galaxy S9/S9 Plus is yet to receive any noteworthy updates.
Unlocked US Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U) and Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965U) update:
- The unlocked US Galaxy S9/S9 Plus is yet to receive any noteworthy updates.
International Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) and Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965F) update:
- June 6, 2018: Samsung adds support for dual voice over LTE (VoLTE) and voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) in India.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or tip us!