The Samsung Galaxy S10 series officially went on sale this week. If tradition prevails, this lineup of phones will be some of the best-selling handsets in the world.
So now that pre-orders have started arrive and the devices are now available to purchase in-store, we asked you: Did you buy the Samsung Galaxy S10? Here is what you had to say.
Did you buy a Samsung Galaxy S10?
Averaging out the roughly 38,000 votes across the website and YouTube, it turns out that most of you that participated in this week’s poll don’t have any interest in buying one of Samsung’s new phones. But those of you that did hand over money chose to pick up the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
If you’re like me, you want to get the best phone out there when deciding to buy a new device. So the fact that many of you chose the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus over the standard Galaxy S10 doesn’t come as much of a surprise. For a little bit of more money, you get a larger display, a bigger battery, and a secondary front-facing sensor for depth sensing. It’s the decision I would have made.
If there was one unexpected outcome from the poll, it was that fact that only two and a half percent of you decided to go with the least expensive option: the Samsung Galaxy S10e. Digging through the comments, no one gave a reason for not buying the handset other than the fact that they didn’t like the flat display and edge-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- Within half an hour of the presentation ending I’d pre-ordered it on Amazon. My current phone is an S7 so i’m due an upgrade. Looking forward to showing it off when it arrives at work on Friday
- Can’t afford
- No point in replacing my Note9 and even if I had an older device I would still wait for the Note10.
- I’m waiting for the price drop in a few months to buy the s10e
- yuck i hate hole display
- Still debating. it’s a nice phone, but it’s a pricey one.
- Holding out for a foldable.
- not upgrading anytime soon. still have my S8+ works flawless; the new pie update gave it a fresh look am satisfied with the powerhouse of a phone i have for now.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below. Also, for those of you holding off on making a purchasing decision until more reviews came out, has your decision to buy one of Samsung’s flagships changed?