Welcome to the OnePlus 5 Android update tracker page. This page covers all major software news for the OnePlus 5 will be updated regularly with new information.
Unlike our other Android update tracker pages, this article doesn’t contain specific carrier details because the OnePlus 5 is sold in the U.S. unlocked. It also won’t include general security patches.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
OnePlus 5 Android Oreo update
The OnePlus 5 received its first update just ahead of its online availability on June 26, 2017 to OxygenOS version 4.5.2. This delivered various stability optimizations and bug fixes before its official release. Later, some key members of the OnePlus team took part in a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” thread where they confirmed that the OnePlus 3 and 3T would get Android Oreo as well.
Eventually, the OnePlus 5 received Android 8.1 Oreo in March.
OnePlus 5 update US
|OnePlus 5 updates US||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||Android 8.0|
OnePlus 5 updates US:OnePlus 5
Android 7.1.1 Nougat:Yes
Previous OnePlus 5 updates:
- July 27, 2018, the latest OxygenOS update (5.1.4) brings some minor bug fixes and group messaging support.
- January 31, 2018, Face Unlock lands on the OnePlus 5.
- January 11, 2018, OnePluls rolls out stable Android Oreo update to the OnePlus 5.
- December 12, 2017, OnePlus has rolled out OxygenOS 4.5.15 with GPS improvements, emoji and alarm bug fixes, and the October security patch.
- October 4, 2017, OnePlus pushed OyxgenOS 22.214.171.124 to improve app launching speeds, optimize adaptive brightness, and give more options for custom ringtones. It also fixed YouTube’s video getting out of sync with its audio, some UI elements, and 4G+ network reception issues.
- August 29, 2017, Oneplus rolls out OxygenOS 4.5.10 with a number of camera improvements including photo noise reduction, improved stability, as well as 60 fps video noise and texture improvements.
- August 1, 2017, OnePlus released the OxygenOS 4.5.7 update that introduced a brand new font called OnePlus Slate, which offers an aesthetic change for owners of the flagship device. The update also comes with a useful functional upgrade: Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) can now be used during 4K video recording. Additionally, OnePlus improved Wi-Fi connectivity and standby battery performance and took care of a few bugs.
- July 6, 2017, OnePlus has reduced the amount of battery consumed when recording videos, provided clearer voice calling, and enhanced the Wi-Fi connectivity in OxygenOS 4.5.5.
- June 16, 2017, OnePlus rolls out the OxygenOS 4.5.2 update. The 36 MB OTA update fixes various bugs including an app installation issue and a problem with system updates. It also delivers Camera, Bluetooth, network and system optimizations.
- June 28, 2017, OnePlus delivers the OxygenOS 4.5.4 update to address an issue with 4G connectivity in the Netherlands.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or Tip us!