Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Here's when your Huawei phone will get EMUI 10 (Update: Stable roadmap)
EMUI is one of the more divisive Android skins around, but Huawei has done a great job of improving it over the years. EMUI 10 is the latest version of Huawei’s Android skin, but when can you expect it?
Huawei announced at its developer conference back in August that the EMUI 10 beta will be available for the Huawei P30 series from September 8, 2019. The company said that the EMUI 10 beta will also be accessible on the Huawei Mate 20 series for starters.
The manufacturer didn’t reveal any launch timelines or markets for the beta here either, but this was believed to be a timeline for Chinese users. Fortunately, we’ve got updated Western timelines below. Read on for all the details!
Stable release in Western markets
The Chinese manufacturer issued an updated stable EMUI 10 roadmap on January 20, 2020, confirming global roll-out plans. Unfortunately, the company hasn’t disclosed any specific launch dates after January 2020 — check out the list below.
- January 2020 – P30 Pro, P30, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20, Mate 20 X (4G) and Nova 5T
- “Later months” – Porsche Design Mate 20 RS, Mate 20 X (5G), P30 Lite, Nova 4e, P20, P20 Pro, Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, Porsche Design Mate 10, Porsche Design Mate RS, Mate 20 Lite, P Smart 2019, P Smart Plus 2019, P Smart Pro, P Smart Z, Nova 4 and Nova Lite 3
The global beta release window for the P30 Lite, P20 series, and Mate 10 series is listed as March 2020. This means we’re unlikely to see the stable release hit these phones before then.
What about the beta?
Huawei issued an EMUI 10 roadmap at IFA 2019, initially believed to be a stable update roadmap. But it turns out that we were looking at a roadmap for the beta release, according to 9to5Google. Here’s when Western users can expect to get in on the EMUI 10 beta action.
- November 2019 – P30, P30 Pro
- December 2019 – Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 RS, Mate 20 X (4G), Honor 20, Honor View 20
- March 2020 – P30 Lite, P20 series, Mate 10 series
- Q2 2020 – Other models
The update features a better dark mode (including APIs for third-party developers), improved cross-device connectivity, and improved system animations. So it’s not quite as big a leap as EMUI 9 was, but it’s welcomed nonetheless.
We’ll be updating this article as we hear more news about the EMUI 10 rollout. Otherwise, you can also check out Android 10 tracker at the link.