Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to quickly and easily update your Xiaomi Mi Band
Updating a Xiaomi Mi Band may seem complicated at first. There’s no option to check for updates from the band, which may be foreign for those used to pricier smartwatches. However, checking for updates, and updating your Mi Band, is pretty simple. Here’s how to do it.
To update your Xiaomi Mi Band, open the app you used to pair your tracker to your phone. If it's Mi Fitness, open the Device tab, then select Update. If it's Zepp Life, open the Profile tab, then choose Settings > Update.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to update your Xiaomi Mi Band
Xiaomi Mi Bands are compatible with two official Xiaomi apps, Mi Fitness and Zepp Life. The steps are similar but differ slightly depending on which you use to pair your Mi Band to your phone.
Updating your Mi Band using Mi Fitness
If you use Mi Fitness, follow the steps to update your Mi Band below.
- Open the Mi Fitness app on your phone.
- Tap on the Device tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Under the More section, tap Update.
- Give the app a moment to search for updates.
- If there is a new update, go ahead and install it.
- If none are available, the app will display a “Current version is up to date” message, including the version number.
Updating your Mi Band using Zepp Life
The process is just as simple if you’re using Zepp Life.
- Open the Zepp Life app on your phone.
- Tap on the Profile tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Alternatively, you can tap [your device] under the My devices section and select Check for updates.
- Select Settings.
- Tap Check for updates.
- A “Checking” dialog will appear on screen.
- If a new update is available, follow the prompts to install it.
- If not, the dialog will display a “Current version is up to date” message.
Xiaomi regularly pushes new features to the bands through updates. It’s advised that you update your device when there’s new software available.
The Xiaomi Mi Band you should buy depends on what you need. If you require onboard GPS connectivity to track runs and cycles, the Smart Band 7 Pro is your only choice. For general fitness tracking, opt for the Mi Band 7.