Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to connect your Google Pixel Watch to Strava
The easiest way to round out your wearable is with third-party apps. If you’re currently sporting Google’s first-ever smartwatch, adding one of the most popular social fitness-tracking tools to your app drawer is a no-brainer. Find out how to connect your Pixel Watch to Strava.
To connect Strava to your Pixel Watch, download the Strava app in the Google Play Store and log in with your Strava credentials.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to add Strava to your Google Pixel Watch
- Open the Google Play Store on your Pixel Watch.
- Search for Strava and tap Install. You will also need to install the Strava app on your phone if you have not already.
- Once installed, open the Strava app. You’ll be asked to log in to the Strava account on your paired phone. Enter your login details. You will also be asked to authorize Strava for Wear OS to connect to Strava. Tap Authorize, then tap Allow.
How to use the Strava app on your Pixel Watch
Open the Strava app on your Google Pixel Watch to get started using the service right on your device.
- From your app drawer, open the Strava app and tap the workout you would like to begin.
- The first time you use the app, allow Strava to access your location and read health data from your watch. Allow all permission requests as they appear on your watch.
- Tap Accept to accept Strava’s terms.
- Wait for the app to lock on to your GPS location, then tap Start to initiate your workout.
- When you are ready to pause or end your workout, swipe right and tap the pause icon, then save or discard your workout or tap Resume.
Sync your Fitbit account with Strava
Unconventional as it may be, the Google Pixel Watch is also a Fitbit device. To sync your Fitbit account to Strava, follow the steps below.
- Open the Strava app on your phone and tap the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Link Other Services, then select Connect a device to Strava. Select Fitbit.
- Tap Connect Fitbit, then follow the onscreen prompts. You will need to log in to Fitbit using your details and authorize Strava access.
Workouts recorded in the Strava app will automatically upload to your Strava account.
No. The Pixel Watch does not offer auto-pause in the Strava app.
If you would like to change the units used by your Strava app, scroll down to the bottom of the app’s workout list and tap Settings>Units.