Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to a Pixel Watch and jam while you run
From working out to grinding through desk work, a solid playlist can make all the difference. Google’s first-ever smartwatch offers a lot of support for music services that will bring playlists right to your wrist. Pair your favorite Bluetooth headphones with the Pixel Watch to get the music to your ears.
To pair Bluetooth headphones with your Pixel Watch, open the Settings menu on your device and tap Connectivity > Bluetooth > Pair new device. Select your Bluetooth headphones and tap the checkmark to confirm.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to a Pixel Watch
- Put your headphones in pairing mode following the manufacturer’s directions.
- Wake your Google Pixel Watch, and from the watch face, swipe down to access the quick menu.
- Tap the Settings cog to open the Settings menu.
- Tap Connectivity, then tap Bluetooth.
- Scroll down and tap Pair a new device.
- Once your watch searches for nearby devices and finds your headphones, tap your device’s name.
- Confirm the pairing by tapping the check mark.
How to control audio playback on a Google Pixel Watch
Once your Bluetooth headphones and Pixel Watch are paired up, controlling audio is easy. Most actions can be completed by simply interacting with the touchscreen. Tap to start, pause, skip songs, or go back for a second listen. Spin the digital crown to control your audio volume.
What to do if you can’t get your headphones to connect
If your Pixel Watch won’t pair with your Bluetooth headphones, try the solutions below.
- On your Pixel Watch, toggle Bluetooth off and back on again.
- Confirm that your Bluetooth headphones are charged and set in pairing mode.
- Confirm that your Bluetooth headphones are not already paired to a different device.
- Reset your Pixel Watch and begin the pairing process again.
If you still have trouble pairing your Bluetooth headphones, it may be worth reaching out to Google for a solution.
Read more: Headphone buying guide
You need a compatible phone to initially set up your Pixel Watch. However, you do not need your phone in hand to pair the Pixel Watch with Bluetooth headphones.
Yes! Thanks to Fast Pair, Pixel Buds will automatically pair to your Google Pixel Watch once paired with your phone.