Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to connect your AirPods to a MacBook
Apple crafted its AirPods as the perfect iPhone partner. However, they’re an excellent audio companion no matter which Apple products you call your own. If you’re hoping to get your binge on with a larger screen, it might be time to pair your AirPods with your Mac computer. Here’s how to connect AirPods to a MacBook in minutes.
See also: Apple AirPods (2019) review | Apple AirPods Pro review
No matter which style of AirPods you picked up, we have you covered. We’ll walk through the steps for the earbud siblings as well as the premium AirPods Max. Let’s get to it.
How to connect AirPods and AirPods Pro to MacBook
Most people have probably settled on the AirPods or the AirPods Pro for their far more affordable prices. If you’ve already connected your AirPods with your iPhone, you may not even have to worry about this process. This is because Apple’s earbuds automatically join all of your connected iCloud devices.
However, if you haven’t connected your AirPods and iPhone, you’ll want to test these steps on your MacBook:
- Open the lid to your AirPods or AirPods Pro charging case.
- Press and hold the round pairing button on the back of the case until the LED flashes.
- On your MacBook, open the Apple Menu and select System Preferences.
- Choose Bluetooth from the list of options and find your AirPods or AirPods Pro.
- Select the Connect button.
Now you have one pair of AirPods connected to your MacBook. You should have nothing else to worry about, and you can get to streaming your favorite shows.
See also: Want an Apple laptop? Here are the best you can buy right now
How to connect AirPods Max to a MacBook
If you chose to splash the cash on Apple’s premium headphones, you’d be glad to know that the pairing process is a breeze. It’s much like that of the earbuds described above, and you’ll only have to press one button on your headset. Give these steps a try to connect your AirPods Max to your MacBook:
- Remove your AirPods Max from their Smart Case.
- Press and hold the elongated Noise Control button until the LED flashes.
- Enter the Apple Menu on your MacBook and find System Preferences.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth section.
- Choose your AirPods Max from the list and click Connect.
That’s all there is to it. You can give spatial audio a try before you dive into streaming, or you can get ready to binge-watch.
See also: Apple AirPods Max vs Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700: Who wears the crown?