Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to change your Galaxy Watch 5 band
Galaxy Watch 5 bands come in a variety of styles and materials so you can modify your new smartwatch to your own personal style. Not only will changing bands make your look more distinct, but it’s also very simple. Follow the steps below for how to change your Galaxy Watch 5 band.
To change your Galaxy Watch 5 band, turn your watch over and, using your fingernail to slide the spring bar inward, gently pull your current band away from the watch body. Once both sides are removed, replace the band with a fresh pick.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to remove your Galaxy Watch 5 band
When you’re ready to remove your Galaxy Watch 5 band, lay your watch face down on a clean, nonabrasive work surface to avoid scratches.
- Disconnect any clasps so the band sides each lay flat.
- Using a fingernail, slide the band’s spring bar inward and lightly pull the band away from the watch body.
- Repeat with the opposite spring bar and remaining band side.
Don’t miss: The best Galaxy Watch bands you can buy
How to replace your Galaxy Watch 5 band
After following the steps below, give your new fit a light tug to make sure it’s secure.
- Attaching one band half at a time, insert one end of the band’s spring bar into your Galaxy Watch 5 lug.
- Use your fingernail to slide the band’s spring bar inward, then aline the opposite corner of the band with the remaining lug and release the spring bar.
- Repeat with the remaining band half.
Our verdict: Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro review
Yes, however, first-party replacement bands are often pricey. You can also find much more affordable third-party options.
Though not completely waterproof, both the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and Galaxy Watch 5 Pro boast a 5ATM water resistance rating.